mess tins

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

willowherb

Nov 12, 2006
peebles
hi all

ive left my mess tins in a dirty state and tried to use mr muscle to clean them.which has oxidised the metal.should i bin them or has someone got any tips on getting them spanking new again?

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
willowherb said:
hi all

ive left my mess tins in a dirty state and tried to use mr muscle to clean them.which has oxidised the metal.should i bin them or has someone got any tips on getting them spanking new again?

Really should have left to soak for a few hours/days in soap flakes...For the cost of a new set of mess tins, just may as well bin them and get some new ones..Get some stainless steel ones this time though.

LS

Try this link for Dutch ones, call first though to check they are SS. http://www.mashcamping.co.uk/shop/product_details.asp?p_id=1915

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
If I were you ditch the old ones and buy some new ones, if the Mr. Muscle has eaten into the aluminium there is nothing you can do.

I might be a bit biased as I know the manager but give www.mashcamping.co.uk a go.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
stonyman said:
If I were you ditch the old ones and buy some new ones, if the Mr. Muscle has eaten into the aluminium there is nothing you can do.

I might be a bit biased as I know the manager but give www.mashcamping.co.uk a go.

Tim a mate of yours as well...Do you get the 20% discount as well?

LS

Feygan

Forager
Oct 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
You could try some "oven bright" You can buy it at tescos for a large bottle, bout £4 a throw. It's designed for ovens and racks etc, but ive used it on just about anything, Simply put your tins in the ziplock bag with some of the stuff and leave overnight.

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
ludlowsurvivors said:
Tim a mate of yours as well...Do you get the 20% discount as well?

LS

Yes he is, and most times he gives me more than the usual discount. How long have you known him?

Stonyman

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
stonyman said:
Yes he is, and most times he gives me more than the usual discount. How long have you known him?

Stonyman

Got to be about ten years now:eek:

He used to have so much gear in the old shop, not as much these days with the smaller one...

He has given me a bit over the 20% on occasions, depends what it is I'm buying though:)

Did you ever try that HQ84 or whatever it was called, some real tat in that place!

LS

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
ludlowsurvivors said:
Got to be about ten years now:eek:

He used to have so much gear in the old shop, not as much these days with the smaller one...

He has given me a bit over the 20% on occasions, depends what it is I'm buying though:)

Did you ever try that HQ84 or whatever it was called, some real tat in that place!

LS

What and where is HQ84, I've never heard of them. maybe we should carry this conversation over some where else I think we might have hijacked this post.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE