mess cooksets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PaulW

Sep 19, 2004
Basingstoke, Hampshire
Does anyone else store the meths burner inside the unit with the bottle ? I have had to take mine out and store them seperately due to stinking up the inside of the tins. I have noticed cracks in the burners lid aound the threads which probably doesn't help.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
i use a sigg bottle the smallest one they do fits nice and the burner i wrap in a strong plastic bag to stop the meths stinking it up, i get a lot of other stuff in there too spices sauces brew kit ect its supposed to be a self contained cooking unit i like to keep it like this :wink:

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
arent aluminium bottles unsuitable for meths?

not quite sure where i got this from but something says it may be relevant here

try plastic bottles or zippo fluid tins instead

Tant

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Paulw,

I used to have this problem and it has been some what resolved by burning off all the fuel before you store it away and a good wash in soapy water after used it.

It never gets rid of it totally but at least it is alot less. Never leave meth in it at all is the biggest tip I can you.

James

PS Also wash the windbreaker as the fumes my there as wall.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE