Merinio wool cheap(ish)

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Well I know the stores vary somewhat but TK Max have 100% Merinio wool tops on offer for £25 from £49. The name currently alludes me (not Icebreaker/ HH) but looked quite good.
I know choclate fish are a similar price but these had a zip for ventilation (well some did) which not sure about next to the skin as not sure if they would chaff.
Anyway not in my size but maybe worth a look.
Dave

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Mine has some too. It's Smartwool. I've used it before and it's really great stuff. £25 for a long-sleeved T - not bad

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I had a look in the Donny branch today when I was passing and they had loads in. I managed to resist though as I`ve recently picked a few up from Go Outdoors in their sale and SWMBO bought me an Ullfrotte from Woodlore for Chrimbo. I went in looking for a decent waterproof jacket for our lass and came away with a really nice Craghopper for her, reduced from £169 to £49.

They even had a solar powered torch in there which tickled me.

Well worth a visit

Rich

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Just out of interest what are peeps thought on a zip in the merino top?
Thought that it was great for ventilation but wouldn't it chaff?
There didn't seem to be any form of padding on the back of the zip.
Might have to see if the other store has any without zips?
Ta Dave

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`ve never had a problem with the zips Dave, you don`t notice they`re there once it`s on. I like the fact you can just unzip your layers for 5 minutes when it gets a bit warm, especially on the hill climbs.

Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE