Member of the year 2013...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I have a BCUK dream team who I want to meet.
#1 Angst. I just like the lad and twice he's shown a personal interest, so thank you Sonni.
#2 John Fenna, always welcomes everyone, and is simply a dude.
#3 Goatboy, thinks like me but I feel he is older and wiser than I.
#4 British Red, think I'd clash alot with red, but still I'd like to meet him.
#5 Chiseler, this man is so funny, Chiss we have got to meet up.
#6 Dave, GMBCG, the man gives open invitations to meet up, what more needs to be said.
#7 Ivan, Captain fantastic, of the dream team. This man who I've never met, is someone I'm desperate to meet. Always tries to help anyone, often at his own expense. I get the impression he don't suffer fools gladly. Got to be my nomination. Ivan
#8 HILLBILL. Apart from the fantastic knives, probably the cleverest man on here, not on about education or IQ but I feel he has the misfortune/fortune to see things as they really are.
#9 Dave Budd. I've already told Dave I want to go on his courses. Everything he does I like.

Last edited:

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
thanks shewie
and man of tanith don't be so abrupt or are you going to ban me for asking questions as a member here i am entitled to it is still a free county i believe regards dave

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
right lets get back to the matter in hand i could vote for so many, as people above have stated
i will vote for drew dunnrespect as i think he brought a lot to bcuk in the short time he was with us regards dave

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
So many people have been generous with time, knowledge or stuff I think it'd be next to impossible to single anyone out.

You are quite right, i have had some great times on here and have a tremedous amount of respect for, knowledge gained, help, kindness and support.

So pushed into a corner from a personal point of view i will vote, and nobody said you had to give a reason.

But mine goes to Dougster.. It nearly went to Goatboy, as he is the main reason i am still here, wise owl with a calming influence.

Ivan...

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
thanks shewie
and man of tanith don't be so abrupt or are you going to ban me for asking questions as a member here i am entitled to it is still a free county i believe regards dave

From what I saw Dave, MoT wasn't abrupt in any way shape of form. He answered your questions politely giving you as much information as was necessary and in fact more than.

Last I knew of it the mods aren't expected to have to justify their decisions publicly. They're answerable to Tony as they're his representatives on the form as he pointed out to you. So if you've got questions regarding issues like that you should be taking them to Tony, not challenging mods publicly.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
For the winner I'll donate a tattooed leather patch with the winners name or avatar etc or design of their choice

Lovely gesture by the way Trev (another short listed!) Lets keep this thread where it should be, i understand that people may be reluctant to single out a particular member, as it's blooming difficult, but no one will be offended for not being voted for, it's a bit of fun and we are all grown ups! Well nearly.

So vote for somebody and remember it's for 2013!!

Ivan...

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
To be honest I found it abrupt. Well the "No actually I won't" part.
From what I saw Dave, MoT wasn't abrupt in any way shape of form. He answered your questions politely giving you as much information as was necessary and in fact more than.

Last I knew of it the mods aren't expected to have to justify their decisions publicly. They're answerable to Tony as they're his representatives on the form as he pointed out to you. So if you've got questions regarding issues like that you should be taking them to Tony, not challenging mods publicly.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Since this thread is already totally muddled up anyway, and I presume that Ivan will start another one with a clear poll attached......
Dave, no the Mods do not need to explain. Please go and read the rules and guidelines if you wish further clarification.

"1 - Community and site moderation
Admin and Moderators on bushcraft uk will use the rules and their own judgement to moderate. They have full authority to act when & how they see fit and all members should abide by what they suggest or enforce. Due to bushcraft uk being a private forum the admin and moderators act on behalf of the owner and enforce the rules and standards set out here and those given to them verbally.

Guidance for members: Abide by the decisions of the moderators, do not argue or challenge them on the forums. If you disagree with a decision contact them or admin via PM and state clearly and politely your concerns and they will be dealt with. An alternative is to use the report post function with an explanation. Anyone being argumentative, rude or a consistent nuisance will be carded or banned.

Be patient, sometimes things cannot be addressed straight away.

It is expected that members of bushcraft uk will self moderate, if this is done the moderator team will not have to moderate members or threads."

We do not ban people without thought or discussion; they are, spammers apart, only banned when they either majorly contravene the rules or they persistantly do so.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
The ones I can't chose between are (in no particular order )
Tat2trev
Douster
Angst
Jim.B
Goatboy
Cowboy
Whittler Kev
British Red

A long list I know, but I can't chose!

And of course, tony all the administrators and moderators, who do a fantastic job of keeping the forum going!

Good luck :)

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Lovely gesture by the way Trev (another short listed!) Lets keep this thread where it should be, i understand that people may be reluctant to single out a particular member, as it's blooming difficult, but no one will be offended for not being voted for, it's a bit of fun and we are all grown ups! Well nearly.

So vote for somebody and remember it's for 2013!!

Ivan...

No problem Ivan the offer still stands for the winner .
It's only a bit of fun as stated but let's face it we all like to win a little something every now and then .

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
thank you mary i don't react well to( no i won't ) it wasn't polite and i took offence to it regards dave

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sam was simply clear in his replies. His simple replies were as much an indication that the ban of an individual was not open for discussion, as my rather long winded reply was.

As Tony said, take it to pm.

cheers,
M

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
This has become so muddled and nothing to do with Ivan's OP that I really do hope a new thread get's started. Perhaps somebody could lend a hand with setting up the poll in the first post ??? Then maybe we could just ditch this one ???

You can't do a poll until all the nominations are in

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE