Member classifieds

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I know what you mean! My wife has been nagging me to get rid of some of mine, including the canoe that can now be seen on some online mapping sites in our back yard!

Sep 27, 2007
essex
I know what you mean! My wife has been nagging me to get rid of some of mine, including the canoe that can now be seen on some online mapping sites in our back yard!

LOL. I can't do right from wrong, certainly true today! Mind you, what with my bushcraft gear, fishing equipment and camera lenses, oh and books, it is becoming increasinly hard to move!

I don't have room for a canoe, but, arrr wait a minute, if I make some room and sell some stuff ;) ;) ;) me has an idea :D lol

Cheers
Kris

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
lol, I'm in exactly the same situation myself, got a whole load of stuff I should get rid of...
How do you become a full member though? Anyone know? I'm sure it's staring me right in the face somewhere but after five minutes looking through the site I still haven't found how

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
I don't have room for a canoe, but, arrr wait a minute, if I make some room and sell some stuff ;) ;) ;) me has an idea :D lol

Cheers
Kris

:D Just been listening to a podcast of Podcast Bob interviewing Brian Wilson. And found myself on a sea kayaking website. Eyeing up a £1800 kayak. When I've got about 10 hours kayaking experience total to my name, and live an hours plus drive away from the nearest coast. :rolleyes: think I'd have some explaining to do it I bought it!

Sep 27, 2007
essex
:D Just been listening to a podcast of Podcast Bob interviewing Brian Wilson. And found myself on a sea kayaking website. Eyeing up a £1800 kayak. When I've got about 10 hours kayaking experience total to my name, and live an hours plus drive away from the nearest coast. :rolleyes: think I'd have some explaining to do it I bought it!

Lol. cover it with a camo tarp, who will know ;)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
The rules on eBay are shortly due to change too, and it is looking to be in the buyers favour to the point that I foresee loads of sellers getting ripped off.

Sep 27, 2007
essex
The rules on eBay are shortly due to change too, and it is looking to be in the buyers favour to the point that I foresee loads of sellers getting ripped off.

Yeah, I agree. I have already lost about £2000 being a seller on their a couple of years back. I had no end of problems with dodgy payments going around. Only my humble opinion of course but when the rules change it will cause many problems and I for one won't be going near it! I do use it for small stuff now, but thats it.

Kris

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
GreenmanBushcraft, when it comes to buying something even remotely outdoorsy, the female sub-species ALWAYS know!! :eek:

Same here though, would rather offer kit here first - never had any problems with eBay but seems friendlier here somehow, plus probably less chances of me getting emails night and day from Nigerians wanting to 'buy' :rolleyes:

Sep 27, 2007
essex
GreenmanBushcraft, when it comes to buying something even remotely outdoorsy, the female sub-species ALWAYS know!! :eek:

Same here though, would rather offer kit here first - never had any problems with eBay but seems friendlier here somehow, plus probably less chances of me getting emails night and day from Nigerians wanting to 'buy' :rolleyes:

Lol, thats true! Although I have found that I can get away with different lenses (as, apparently, they all look the same) :D

Kris

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
lmao - I'm guessing you mean for an SLR? I've found exactly the same!! Bought myself a nice shiny 18-200VR and though it's a tad longer than the one it replaced, as yet nobody's noticed. Yet, I attach a tiny little pocket-bouncer to the flash and it's like I've remortgaged the house or something! *shakes head*

By the way, just found it, looks like you can pay to be full member. Under User CP, bottom left: 'Paid Subscriptions', and includes a list of the benefits

Sep 27, 2007
essex
I'm still drooling over a Nikon D3 or a Canon 1DMKIII, and I may get away with it we will see. I'm glad im not the only one who notices we can get away with lenses :D

Kris

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
:D if you knew the amount of time I've spent drooling over the D3 preview on DPReview and other sites :eek: find myself downloading ISO 12,800 and 25,600 pics just to see once again how they look!
Yeah I've got problems, I know! :D
"It's the photographer that takes good photos, not the camera". Continues to repeat...

;)

Sep 27, 2007
essex
:D if you knew the amount of time I've spent drooling over the D3 preview on DPReview and other sites :eek: find myself downloading ISO 12,800 and 25,600 pics just to see once again how they look!
Yeah I've got problems, I know! :D
"It's the photographer that takes good photos, not the camera". Continues to repeat...

;)

Haha, same here. Im still downloading NEF's to take a look myself. I used to use a D200 and then went over to Canon :(

Thanks for the CP info, just had a look.

Kris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE