For Sale Meindl Perfekt 10.5

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ed the Ted

Forager
Dec 13, 2013
Scotland
Hi all,

Feeling the pinch and looking to move on some boots that I've been saving for when I move back to somewhere like the highlands, unfortunately that still seems rather distant so needs must.

For sale I have a used but in very good nick pair of Meindl Perfekt boots size 10.5. For those that don't know these are ridiculously tough and warm boots made in a traditional mountaineering style, with thick well treated leather providing the waterproofing, meaning a hot and sweaty membrane is not necessary. I have used these a bit, but not lots as you can see from the state of the soles at the heal (they are hardly worn), and have treated them very well with regular waxing. There are the usual signs of use that you get on leather, scuffs and such, as in the pics.The leather does not look totally smooth in the pics because i've waxed them in a for-use way (ie. not polishing them afterwards), the leather is totally impregnated and they have never sprung a leak.

The soles are quite stiff, great for use wth walking crampons but for most use the stiff and aggressive sole tread is perfect for snow and hard snow on almost anything other than steep mountain slopes. They are very very warm (they breathe much better than membrane lined boots, so your socks stay drier and as such are warmer) and sturdy, and will last for decades when looked after properly. The downside of these boots is that they require more care than boots with a membrane, but for those who appreciate the benefits of a more traditional design and arent worried about having to look after their boots, they are absolutely top of the line.

More pics available on request. I'd like £180 quid for these all in (ie. I'll pay the paypal fees and postage). Open to sensible offers.

Thanks,

Ed

IMG_0990.JPG IMG_0991.JPG IMG_0992.JPG IMG_0993.JPG IMG_0994.JPG IMG_0995.JPG IMG_0996.JPG IMG_0998.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE