Mega tiffin tin set

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I had an unsolicited catalogue delivered this morning that had an advert for a very large, 26cms high x 21 cms wide Tiffin tin.
This one comes with four tiers, the top one holds four removable, quarted circle shaped, bowls, six stainless steel dinner plates, six chutney saucers and six spoons. The advert was £39, -10% and free p & p.

It strikes me this is an all in one billy/ serving set up for car or canoe camping.
Anyone got a set like this? and does anyone know where to get it cheaper ? :D

cheers,
Toddy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I think Zebra do something similar but I don't know what sizes they are, not sure the plates etc are included or not.

There's usually quite a few for sale on ebay though

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
Hey toddy!! I have one similar but not identical, it has 4 compartments insteaad of 6 but they are 16CM wide,it's made by Zebra I think!! I'll post some pics later if you like and if you're intrested you can make me an offer....it's brand new never used in origional box.........................reason I never used it was that I mis-read the advert and thought I was buying a billy!!
cheers
wilderbeast

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
here you go toddy!!

The axe is a GB sfa for scale:

PC200050.jpg

and here are the pots split up, 4 in total and the hanger that keeps it all together!!

PC200051.jpg

Interested??

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire

The one I'm eyeing up is 21cms, just over 8 inches, in diameter........it's a biggie :D

cheers,
Toddy

p.s. You're a Full Member, you could sell it in Members Classified or offer it in the Swap Shop.......might get a good deal :cool:

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Tengu, what is just one of the best things I have seen on this site.

( Not haveing a go at many other makers but I can not afford a £150 knife so while they are things of beauty, for me they are not desirable. )

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Its very swanky, isnt it? I found it at a car boot, and though a bit beyond my pocket, couldnt resist.

There is a 1907 penny on the air vent.

Its evidently designed for a foreign user, as no indian would eat with a fork!

I wonder how many times the Tiffin wallas been back and forth with it?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
A wee bit of adaptation and it'll be fine. I've got a spare Ti pot lifter handle thing anyway :)

Tengu, that is rather special, isn't it ? Our stainless steel seems so very utilitarian compared to it.

cheers,
Toddy

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Tengu, My Mum went to India in 1928 came back 20 years later with 3 kids!!!
Wonder if She ever sent my Dad his dinner in something as smart as that.
As you say unlikely to be designed for a native so I would guess a family servant rather than a tiffen walla.

Could also be for side dishes during a picnic?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE