Meet up in Herts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Evening All (just),

I drove down to the site tonight at about 20:00 and Dave's directions are spot on!
The roads are not too small so it should be passable if eveywhere else is open.

I have birch bark drying in the lounge and a pile of kit in the hall. When I get there (weather permitting) it will probably be later on, say between 8 and 9PM.

See you there,
Cheers,
Steve

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I dont envy you all out there in the snow, but i do hope you all have a great time, and hope that i can join you sometime soon.

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
I would just like to say thank you to Dave for organising this weekend.

Although I have been out in the cold, I have never actually camped in snow before and it was beautiful. Both kids had a nice snug sleep.

The weathermen had promised more snow on Friday night. What we actually had was crystal clear, star-lit skies. It made it quite cold though (-5C?).

We stayed Saturday before having to go at dusk (leaving the others to the stew which looked fab-u-lous!).

Thanks to everyone there, Steve, Jason and especially Herb who kindly showed my mob the contents of his fire tin. I have my rod, vaseline rich cotton wool and char cloth in a little suede pouch. Herb has everything! - I think the wirewool was the favourite.

Here is a pic of our first brew at dawn (before Dave lent us a larger fire box which suited our family-sized frying pan better).

Dawn in the snow​
dawn_brew_sml.jpg

Cheers,
Steve

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Had a great time... despite the wifes departing comment 'you're mad':rolleyes:

Great company and a great site. Many thanks for organising it Dave :You_Rock_

More pics are here

hertsboy

Forager
May 16, 2009
Watford, Hertfordshire
Thank you all - especially Dave, Jason, Steve and Herbs (he's a guy to look out for!)

Great company and a great experience! Waking up under my tarp to the sight of the sun just coming up over the snow covered fields was an unforgetable experience.

Now all I've got to do is to work out how to post the photos!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE