Meet up in Herts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dave1942

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 15, 2005
Hemel Hempstead
A couple of us have decided to have a night (or two) out on the weekend just before Christmas.18th to 20th December. If anyone is interested in joining us they would be most welcome. As it is the first meet that I have arranged i would like to keep it fairly small, so there are approx 10 spaces available. the location is between Watford and Hemel Hempstead and has easy access from the M25 at junction 20. I / we intend to be there from the Friday afternoon but if you cannot come until the Saturday that's OK.
If you cannot camp and wish to come just for the Saturday to meet old friends that's OK as well.
As to the exact location, well I will inform those interested later. The site is flat and comprises mainly pine so there is space for hammock and ground dwellers and an open area if you wish to bring a larger tent.

If you are interested add you name to the list below. If you want more details please PM.

Dave

Dave 1942
Jason

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Would love to join you, but not a good time of year for me to get away :( but will look forward to joining you next year, assuming you have another one that is :)

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Dave,

I would love to join you, though it is close to end of term etc so I will have to check dates etc but provisionally. Yes please!

Cheers,
Steve

hertsboy

Forager
May 16, 2009
Watford, Hertfordshire
A couple of us have decided to have a night (or two) out on the weekend just before Christmas.18th to 20th December. If anyone is interested in joining us they would be most welcome. As it is the first meet that I have arranged i would like to keep it fairly small, so there are approx 10 spaces available. the location is between Watford and Hemel Hempstead and has easy access from the M25 at junction 20. I / we intend to be there from the Friday afternoon but if you cannot come until the Saturday that's OK.
If you cannot camp and wish to come just for the Saturday to meet old friends that's OK as well.
As to the exact location, well I will inform those interested later. The site is flat and comprises mainly pine so there is space for hammock and ground dwellers and an open area if you wish to bring a larger tent.

If you are interested add you name to the list below. If you want more details please PM.

Dave

Dave 1942
Jason

Yes, please Dave - just what I'm looking for. I'm in Watford so this is ideal for me!

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
if time allows, I'd like to come along for an hour or two in the morning and meet up with some local peeps. Won't be able to stay past lunchtime tho... :(

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Dave,

I would probably be able to come on Friday night over to Sat... possibly on to Sun.

Would this be a suitable event to bring two young 'uns to (9 & 12yrs)?

Cheers,
Steve

dave1942

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 15, 2005
Hemel Hempstead
Steve, your children are most welcome but only you can decide if the event would be suitable. I don't know if they have been to a similar event. What you need to consider is that the day's will be short and possibly cold or wet. As adults we are more than happy to sit around a fire drink tea and coffee and chat. Children can get bored with this. However it is your call as you know your own children.

Regards

Dave

SKI

May 14, 2008
KENT
Hi Dave, i'd like to come up if thats ok. I've got to come up from north Kent, so would need some directions. Would be good to have a couple off nights out.

cheers

HERBz

Tenderfoot
Dec 9, 2007
Loughton
would it be possible to book me and my dad in for the friday and saturday night altough if there's not enough places I understand.
Thanks,
Herbie

JDO330

Nomad
Nov 27, 2007
Stevenage, Herts.
Hi Dave,

Could be put me down for a Saturday daytime visit only please (plus 1 - no overnight camping this time).

I will PM you for directions if thats OK?

Would be great to meet up with some of you guys!

ATB, Jon.

dave1942

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 15, 2005
Hemel Hempstead
Ok Folks this is an update as to where we are with the meet. So far I have had replies from the following:-

Camping confirmed
Dave1942.
Jason.
Mesquite .
Hertsboy.
Ski.
Tune.
Herbz +Dad.

Camping not confirmed
Scubapauly
Stevesteve + 2

Day visitors
TallmikeM
JDO330 +1

The location is a Scout site so there will be toilets and water available. Open fires are permitted but will need to be built off the ground on a steel sheet and stand. (supplied by the site). If you are bringing a tent and wish to pitch it on the open site please bring strong tent pegs as it is gravel just below the surface. There should be enough natural wood but I will go there during the week before to ensure that we have enough.
As it is a Scout site there will be a charge of £3-00 / person / night.
It's up to you whether you wish to come for 1 or 2 nights but I shall be there Friday from about 1-00pm onwards

Is anyone interested in a group meal on the Saturday night? Jasons wife makes a pretty mean stew and has offered to do one for us. There would be a small charge for the ingredients. Please let me know this week so that she can shop.

I will send details on how to get there by PM during the next week.

Look forward to seeing you there

Dave

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Dave,

We will be there for Friday/Sat, I have PMed you for some details.

Cheers,
Steve

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE