Meal of the Bushcraft Gods!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Ok was out with the RAF aux this weekend and Impressed every one with this menu :rolleyes:

How ever I added one extra ingredient B+

:eek: as we all know Corn Beef Tins Are Very Very Sharp

was almost sent to the hospital for stitches. would post a pick but its not nice...

Felt much better after the meal..:D

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
It's Gotta be an Ulster Fry.
Sausages, bacon, eggs, black pudding, Soda Bread ( A flat bread made with butter milk and baking soda) and potato bread, all fried up. if you can find some wild mushrooms, all the better. Believe me, eat a good feed of that stuf and it will do you all day.

There is something about a fry up, especially if you can get local ingredients.

But must admit do prefer the Irish version with White pudding, and the hash brown thing, the name escapes me.

This thread is dangerous, think we are going to put on weight by reading it.

Must go and see if have any mustard.....

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Many times when I am camping with several friends, we make our breakfast of what some call - skillet slop --- or another friend calls a "heart attack in a skillet".

We take a dutch oven or a heavy frypan, and fry up a pound of bacon. Remove the bacon and then fry up a skillet full of sliced or diced potatoes and onions. When the spuds are done, add the bacon back in. Stir it up to mix, and then crack a half dozen or dozen eggs in on top of everything. As the eggs are cooking, stir it up a little to mix it all up. Even dice/slice up some mushrooms and peppers to add to the mix.

Bacon, fried taters, and scrambled eggs all in one.

An occasional variation is to just carefully crack each egg into its own little area, and then put the lid on the skillet or D/O and let it cook until the eggs are set/cooked enough for your taste.

The final variation starts with a can of corned beef hash. Get it in your skillet, heated up, and starting to get crunchy. Then crack your eggs in on top - trying to keep them intact. Put the lid back on until the eggs are done enough.

If you do the individual eggs route, then use a spatula to dish out separate portions defined by the eggs. If it is all mixed/scrambled up, then just use a spoon to ladle onto your dish to eat. Several of my buddies like to smother it in tomato ketchup. I like to drizzle some honey or real maple syrup over the top.

But that French Toast or Eggy Bread still tops the list and gets everybody clamoring for more! At least until all the bread and eggs are gone!

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
Many times when I am camping with several friends, we make our breakfast of what some call - skillet slop --- or another friend calls a "heart attack in a skillet".

We take a dutch oven or a heavy frypan, and fry up a pound of bacon. Remove the bacon and then fry up a skillet full of sliced or diced potatoes and onions. When the spuds are done, add the bacon back in. Stir it up to mix, and then crack a half dozen or dozen eggs in on top of everything. As the eggs are cooking, stir it up a little to mix it all up. Even dice/slice up some mushrooms and peppers to add to the mix.

Bacon, fried taters, and scrambled eggs all in one.

An occasional variation is to just carefully crack each egg into its own little area, and then put the lid on the skillet or D/O and let it cook until the eggs are set/cooked enough for your taste.

The final variation starts with a can of corned beef hash. Get it in your skillet, heated up, and starting to get crunchy. Then crack your eggs in on top - trying to keep them intact. Put the lid back on until the eggs are done enough.

If you do the individual eggs route, then use a spatula to dish out separate portions defined by the eggs. If it is all mixed/scrambled up, then just use a spoon to ladle onto your dish to eat. Several of my buddies like to smother it in tomato ketchup. I like to drizzle some honey or real maple syrup over the top.

But that French Toast or Eggy Bread still tops the list and gets everybody clamoring for more! At least until all the bread and eggs are gone!

Mikey - that grumpy ol' German blacksmith out in the Hinterlands

Yumm. My ex introduced me to bacon, onions and taters much like in the way you describe. Haven't had it with eggs though... certainly worth a try methinks.. :)

Nag.

gloomhound

Tenderfoot
Nov 20, 2008
Charleston
Kiełbasa sliced into a dutch over and grilled brown. Cut in an sliced onion and green pepper. Cook till tender then stir in a can of baked beans. Scrape some coals to the side. Set the oven on it, then shovel more on top. Don't take the lid off till you can grab it with a bare hand. Heaven

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE