Maynard Linder large sewing ulu

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
My newest arrival is a large sewing ulu made by Maynard Linder in Homer Alaska. I wrote him last summer about how much I liked his large Fish River ulu. He wrote back and told me of his antler hunting trip and I mentioned I wanted a sewing ulu. Well here it is.

mlsewingulu43757lv.jpg

This one has about a 4.5 inch cutting edge and a wonderful piece of Steller's SeaCow bone for a handle. Again Maynard has used vintage hand saw steel and a convex edge. Very nice.....maybe I will actually finish up my moccasin repair project now.

I am finding an ulu an essential kitchen knife. My large 8" Fish River ulu again made by Linder saw heavy duty for Thanksgiving prep...from veggies to sliced cheese, breads and leftover turkey this knife did it all. This ulu has become my first choice for most kitchen tasks except peeling...for that this Sam Henson paring knife jumps in my hand.

hensonlinder42699ue.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE