maxpedition versi packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
Has anyone got one ive been looking at them online for an EDC daywalk type bag rather than a backpack but im keen to see if people have one what they think and how much gear you can cram into them as i dont know a shop nearby that sells them to have a look at. I have the response pack and the truth is i dont like it as the belt comes loose especially when loaded and with my crusader kit attached. Is the versipack big enough to hold a brew kit set up?

If anyone has any loadout pics of one id love to see them to get a feel for their size etc...

thanks in advance.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I've got a few of them.
Two Jumbos and a Mongo.
I can get a MiTi Mug in the bottle pocket with a nalgene in it.
A crusader mug would fit inside, but it wouldn't fit in the bottle holder.
I use one of mine as a bimble bag, with mug/bottle/pocket stove, etc.
It's usually got a firelighting kit, first aid kit, secateurs, folding saw, trowel, brew kit, a couple of folding kuska, and other assorted odds and ends.

Here's mine with my Hobo Stove.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
thanks for the feedback it looks to be the right kind of size if it can take a hobo set up im sure one of my many brew options would fit... now to raise the cash :rolleyes:

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
i picked up a green one was going to get a khaki one but i found the green one £20 cheaper so it was a no brainer, first looks on it are good just need to load it up sits nice on the shoulder too.

almac

Forager
Oct 13, 2010
Okanagan, BC CANADA
I own several maxp bags including a falcon2, Kodiak, colossus, janus, and a few pouches.
my crusader set will fit inside the falcon2 and the main compartment of the Kodiak with room to spare.

before you buy a bag, I recommend that you figure out what you need to carry and place the stuff into a plastic bag and tie it shut.
go into the store with the bag, and ask if you can stuff the plastic bag inside the maxped bag.

if you're just going to pack a few things, you could probably get away with a Kodiak or falcon2, and have a bit more room.

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I ordered one of those last month and received the black/khaki one by mistake. I smiled :)

It's a great bag and frankly, I wish I'd bought one sooner. My only gripe is that it's a bit 'stiff' but I'm sure that'll go with age.

Did they say they had it in stock or not? Currently not in stock.
Kind of tempted but I'm not sure how orange it will be.

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
I've been wanting one of these for ages. Struggling to find one cheaper than £70. I'd happily have the orange for £30 but they're out of stock. Seems daft paying an extra £40 to get a different colour. Does anyone know the difference between the 9inch and the 3.5 litre? Seems a bit odd having two different units of measurement for the different models.

Last edited:

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I've been wanting one of these for ages. Struggling to find one cheaper than £70. I'd happily have the orange for £30 but they're out of stock. Seems daft paying an extra £40 to get a different colour. Does anyone know the difference between the 9inch and the 3.5 litre? Seems a bit odd having two different units of measurement for the different models.

I think the difference in the 3.5 lt and the 9 inch is different companies ways of talking about the same product.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
out of interest you can fit the swiss army trangia set in the main compartment and i have the GSI bottle in the side pouch so im chuffed with mine as i have an odd shaped back when it comes to daysacks when i get my main pc fixed or my camera working on my macbook ill upload some snaps.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE