Maxpedition Sitka Bag Review

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
It could also be that they are mad in the same factory as the Maxpedition stuff, and these are just the same bags without the badge and the markup... Happens all the time with goods, and very often with outdoor kit...

Don't think so, I've handled some of the knock off kit and the fabric/components are different, there are also small differences in the build.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Having been so very happy with my Proteus VP I'm going to skip on the Sabercat (ideal for getting your DSLR in & out without removing lens) and go for a Sitka or Malaga Gearslinger. Probably the latter as the former is shoulder dependant whereas the Malaga will ride on either.

Worth being aware of especially if you have a preference for shouldering a rifle - one of the main attractions of this bit of kit at my reading.

Of course you could make one in the style of either from leather & canvas;)

Cheers

Prawnster I just wanted to say thanks very much! I recently bought one of the Sitkas based on this review. I really liked it to start with and then spent four hours yesterday walking around downtown and riding shuttles with it and now I love it even more.

I am working on another urban project so I ordered a Maxpedition Sitka "gear slinger" pack, a Nalgene Guyot, and a GSI cup for my kit, and a RAT H.E.S.T.

IMG_0067.jpg

The Sitka is exactly what I wanted for my area. It is a smallish pack so I'll have no trouble with it getting on and off the small electric shuttle buses that run down town (they're free of charge so you can ride as much as you like to get from one area to another) but it has lots of places in its three compartments to secure my gear and holds more than I first thought it would. I am still playing with what goes where but I took some pics to give you some ideas of what it's like if you haven't seen one. So far I have my FAK, fire kit, fishing kit, lighting, some food, shelter materials and a few other things in it.

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

IMG_0086.jpg

IMG_0088-1.jpg

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE