The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company.PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
My wife, Janet, has been on MM twice. Once on BBC and again when it migrated briefly to the discovery channel.
One of the problems choosing a subject is that you can’t choose one that’s been done before ( or you couldn’t when Janet competed twenty odd years ago). The very early choices were quite wide and subsequently limited later contestants choices which is why you sometimes get highly specific subjects with a date range.
Also some of those subjects are very specific and when the researchers look for information they find that the contestant wrote the book.
Me: The Classical Druid Record 140BCE to 360CE. No I didn’t write it but there are only nine pages of it.
Were I to be successful I’d need another subject so that could be: The Universe
Me too. It’s not just your specific knowledge and general knowledge; it’s your rate of recall. I’d do quite well on the bus home but not in the studio with the clock ticking. There are mental exercises but then there are physical exercises for other deficiencies too, neither of which interest me.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.