Marttiini will close the gates in Finland.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sieddy

Nov 12, 2016
Oxford uk
That's a great shame indeed. I imagine they will lose business as a result, given that there's so much competition in the market now and i for one valued the fact that they were still producing in their traditional home (like Mora and Helle etc). Maybe others will feel similarly!

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
I’ve lost track of iconic brands now bearing the dreaded Made In China
Logo. I’m told ‘buy ‘Merican’ by someone in a red MAGA hat made in China because I’m warm in my Gloverall Monty coat. My blue jeans
Are actually USA made- in the Pendleton penitentiary teaching inmates a trade ( in a vanishing industry)
I look for the best made and from the native source. It keeps some time proven skills and even machines employed ( my William Lennon order) If someone wants to go global? That guy with the red baseball hat just had his iconic Harley- Davidson stolen- engine made in Japan!

TLM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 16, 2019
Vantaa, Finland
I haven't had a Marttiini puukko for some while, broke too many of them in normal activity. Usually in the tang-blade juncture, brittle fracture, too low tempering temp or some other possible HT failure.

They might have learned to do it properly in the last 25 years but why to risk when some people know how to do it properly.

Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE