Martindale 22 inch Machete

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
A friend can get hold of some of these, they are what looks like old stock that have not been stored correctly so there is some signs of rust on the blades.

He can get them for £15.00 each which I thought was a bit of a bargain as the only ones I could find were smaller models and they were £30+, there will be postage & PayPal fees to add to the price though.

There is limited stock on these so the sooner I can place an order the better, I have 3 coming for me on Friday and will have a better idea of quantity available and postage costs then.

If you definitely want one can you please post in this thread and I’ll see what I can do.

Cheers, Russ

Attachments

• photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 174

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Depending on price I'm sure I might be interested!

I've actually already got one of these, they are like 30 years old I think, and tough as nails.

Hmmmm

These look just like Silverline machetes. The box in your picture underneath the machetes are Silverline too. You can get these for about a fiver. I bought one off Amazon a few years back. Bendy and flexible and dangerous. Junk. I chucked it in the end.

Genuine Martindale are stiff as you like and have a few special marks which will be obvious if you've got the right tools.

I could of course be wrong. We need close ups of your merchandise Rowen as I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss-sell anything I'm sure.

Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong, but worth being a devil's advocate sometimes...............hc

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I'm fairly certain just from the pics and tarnishing (due to age) that these are the real ones but you're right to ask for the marty croc stamp.

The one on the top looked identical to those untill I modded it, and it is genuine martindale too.

zombiekit1.jpg

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
I'll have to check, I've not seen them myself but will ask the questions, so what markings do i have to look for apart from the arrow?

Here is another pic another pic that he sent me via his phone
photo(2).jpg

Cute wee croc with "Made in England". Maybe a No. "something" on one side and on the other there's a code number and the tri-mark (name for it anyone?)

Above all it doesn't flex if you try and bend it in half. With a panga/machete this isn't safe at all. I use the tool at work a lot so I'm keen to say this, hopefully without sounding like a gear head.

Either way: I hope it works out as it is always nice to help get your mates some nice toys. TBH I prefer pangas/machetes to bilhooks............b

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Sorry MadDave I was google'ing Machete images and didnt see your post before I replied.

Just zoomed in on the last pic I posted, looks like it is stamped with Matindale and can sort of see a crocadile on the blade but it could just be my eyes wanting to through the staining.
I will check tomorrow but if anyone wants a email with the full size image i have pm me and i'll get it to you.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Cute wee croc with "Made in England". Maybe a No. "something" on one side and on the other there's a code number and the tri-mark (name for it anyone?)

Above all it doesn't flex if you try and bend it in half. With a panga/machete this isn't safe at all. I use the tool at work a lot so I'm keen to say this, hopefully without sounding like a gear head.

Either way: I hope it works out as it is always nice to help get your mates some nice toys. TBH I prefer pangas/machetes to bilhooks............b

These big ones do flex, they aren't big thick useless lumps like the marty golocks are. They are long and reasonabley light slashers for big brambley/jungle jobs and like I previously said - are tough. Only thick chunky, sword like machetes have no flex, the decent light weight ones do - especially at this length or it would snap!

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Spoke to him earlier, they do say Martindale on the blades and have a crocodile logo on them, he's seeing him tomorrow and he is getting me 3 if the guy still has them.

If anyone wants one he's calling me while there so I can add on to the three if possible.

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Had some time to clean one of these up, lighter fluid took the grease of the blade, I spent about half a hour sanding the handle down and finished it of with acouple of coats of linsed oil.
DSCN5273.jpgDSCN5269.jpg
Really impressed with the results, I love it, just got to put a edge on it now.

DSCN5271.jpg
How they come and after about three quaters of a hour

IMG_0832.jpg

Martindale logo

DSCN5266.jpg

rowen

Jul 8, 2004
Derbyshire
Hi just spoke to him, £15 + paypal and £5 to posted first class recorded.

He usually see's this supplier on a Friday but do to the bank holiday it will be the week after.

Im getting a couple more for friends who have seen mine.

Cheers, Russ

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE