Mark Hill M.O.R.A

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Just received my new knife from Mark...

As everyone that knows me well, I am a great fan of the Mora Clipper.... and it does not seem to matter what knife I have had over the years of all of them I have come to rely on the Mora, and this was a hard thought purchase, and after seeing the M.O.R.A's come out of the Hill Stable and thinking I would like to try one of them,

After coveting one for a while, one came up a M.O.R.A, in 2.5mm RWL-34, with a Stabilised Amboyna Burl handle, with black Liners, I like the fact its was a nice looking knife without that look at me type of scales so should not really attract to much attention... I have had knives pinched in the past.

So after a message from Mark I took the plunge.... and said yes.. I'll go for it. I paid for it yesterday and this morning and Pat stood at the front door with a well wrapped package in exchange for a signature..... so great service there, and communication with Mark through out the sale was great,

DSCN0366.jpgDSCN0366.jpgDSCN0367.jpg

First Impressions
Looks a grand knife, how sharp first time out the sheath it shaves, the weight of it is nice, and the feel of it is very nice in the hand, the balance feels good as well, the finish on the scales is very smooth and sliky in feel, the brass pins are polished, the Blade is brushed finish,

The sheath is well made and made of 3mm Leather in light Brown, and is a friction hold, that grips the knife well, the knife is left with just under 1" sticking out the top, myself I would like a bit more,

In comparison with a clipper
To hold it seems to be a bit heavier, that's no problem to me, the Clipper has a grip that is rubberised, shaped and feels OK, in comparison Marks feels very nice and fits my hand better in size wise, grip wise the Mora is about 10mm longer but is shaped so make the grip feel smaller to me,

Blade wise the Mora is about 10mm longer, the cutting edge on the Mora is from tip to grip, on Marks it stops short of the grip by about 4mm apart from that, no real difference.

DSCN0372.jpg

The whole process of buying this from Mark was a good experience, and fault less, Thank you Mark.

I hope to give it a good work out at the next meet. so will Update this once I have had a chance to give it a work out, I am really looking forward to playing with this one.

Attachments

• DSCN0373.jpg
    DSCN0373.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 40

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE