Mark Hill Knives Newest Employee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
He's a bonny lad Mr. Hill,

has the look of a good worker. Hope you have many entertaining and productive years with him.

By the way don't be offended if he won't pick up pigeon. They say it's a sign of real love or exceptional training for a dog to retrieve a pigeon for you. (There's some oil in the feathers that they don't like). Neither of my dogs would eat pigeon meat whether raw or cooked never mind retrieve it - though one was a wolfhound and the other a JRT so retrieving wasn't their strongest point.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Had the pleasure of meeting this little chap, absolute bute!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

has the look of a good worker. Hope you have many entertaining and productive years with him.

By the way don't be offended if he won't pick up pigeon. They say it's a sign of real love or exceptional training for a dog to retrieve a pigeon for you. (There's some oil in the feathers that they don't like). Neither of my dogs would eat pigeon meat whether raw or cooked never mind retrieve it - though one was a wolfhound and the other a JRT so retrieving wasn't their strongest point.

Hmmm. Interesting. Dove hunters here often use retrievers successfully and I thought mourning doves and pigeons were related? Although I suppose maybe not that closely?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Great looking pup you've got there! I hope you and he have years of fun together.

Thanks mate, i'm sure we will. :)

He doesn't seem bothered by pigeon feathers, theres a few floating about on the driveway from the last one i breasted... he keeps picking them up, playing with them and generally having a good chew. :)

Had the pleasure of meeting this little chap, absolute bute!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is that. :)

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire

He's got no problem with pigeon. I've got some better video on my phone where he's picking it up and bringing it back.

Last edited:

madspringer

May 17, 2014
West Yorkshire
Mines 9 this year, half trained goes beating over the winter and chills over the summer.

as people say an idiot trying to get out..

20150411_103433_zpskkpfuuco.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE