Mark Hill Knives - King of the Hill

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Spent a long day with SWright over at HillBills having a blade rescaled and a custom necker created......

7emapa7y.jpg

I can not go into too much detail at the moment you to my phone's screen been cracked. It was an absolute pleasure to meet mark and squishy who made us feel very welcome.
After discussing what I wanted from my knife, mark began to work his magic.
Both the blade and the handle with custom fitted to my hand,
The results
vedyse4a.jpg

vyra5edu.jpg

vy6ytenu.jpg

uqazy5ar.jpg

egunesa5.jpg

4asedutu.jpg

8a7ujanu.jpg

gy3a2yve.jpg

utuzy2ah.jpg

6y9e6ade.jpg

zy8u2upy.jpg

ryrudu6e.jpg

I will add to this some more when I get the oppo u rtunity. I m.y break is over.
I will add that I have used the larger knife for quite some time now the blade is out standing these knives scream to be used.

I can not say thanks enough for having the opportunity to see this knife being created I saw a skilled knife maker, at work ...... That should really read skilled knifemaker at play as he made everything look easy .
Cheers handsome .....::p I may get talked into 1 of your kepharts yet .......

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
That necker is a beauty, but beyond its physical beauty is the pure skill that's gone into it.
The ease and confidence he shaped the blade to chisellers exact requirement's. No measuring tape, just one look, and bang, shaped to perfection first time.

Maybe at some point the reason for the rehandling could be shown too... :lmao:

Absolutely stunning knives.

touched by nature

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers guys.

Glad your happy with it Chis mate :)

Crack on and post the vid Steve, i didn't make the wood lol :D

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
They're a matching pair - look like great users, and friendly tools somehow, if that makes sense...........well it does to me...............atb mac

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
So, the reason Chiseller needed his original knife rehandling can be seen in this video.

Remember though, the knife was being beaten with quite a 'knobbly' tool, and is no fault of the knife, rather where the knife was being struck.

[video=youtube;_Da-gtY1VGo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Da-gtY1VGo[/video]

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
So, the reason Chiseller needed his original knife rehandling can be seen in this video.

Remember though, the knife was being beaten with quite a 'knobbly' tool, and is no fault of the knife, rather where the knife was being struck.

*note to self, don't let Chis borrow a blade...* ahem.

It ain't a chisel chiseller!

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
:D I made the blade..... mother nature made the wood..... lol

If that was g10 or something, it would have destroyed the log. Yew isn't the best for impact resistance along the grain. The stabilised elm burl on it now would be able to take much more of a hammering.

How long have you had that knife now Chis?

Last edited:

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Five seasons now , and it came to me third hand ! Its been used just about daily. Everything from cutting cord , slicing ton sacks with glass blasting bead residue, whittling net needles , food prep, firewood processing, kuksas , clearing ice from the windscreen, opening bean cans , used with Ferro rods, flint ......the list goes on and the blade is still flawless ! Now that's a knife.......

tempted to return to that oak with a square carved mallet........mmm

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Leave the tree alone, lol, you've abused it enough for this year :D

Five seasons now , and it came to me third hand ! Its been used just about daily. Everything from cutting cord , slicing ton sacks with glass blasting bead residue, whittling net needles , food prep, firewood processing, kuksas , clearing ice from the windscreen, opening bean cans , used with Ferro rods, flint ......the list goes on and the blade is still flawless ! Now that's a knife.......

tempted to return to that oak with a square carved mallet........mmm

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE