Manufacturers, are you listening?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Just grabbed the trail/demo of it, does look nice. Though cant see where the printing options are, guessing its disabled until purchased.

Roy's Badger

Tenderfoot
Sep 21, 2005
Kernow
Going back to Bilko's original idea: monkey porters. With fez's and leather waistcoats. Kind of like in Indiana Jones, but with greater resistance to poisoned fruit...

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
andyn said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

That is a technique i'd like to see! Might have to try it out at somepoint - I take it that the original map goes in the bin afterwards?

Sorry for the delay Andy,
There is only the "new" bombproof Fablon/plastic item that you have created and the waste paper that you've peeled off the back. I have some in a drawer that are (ahem) twenty ish years old :cool:

ATB

Ogri the trog

I'm sure I recal seeing a little gadget that one awards a while ago, it had an entire OS map printed at incredibly high definition on a credit card sized piece of plastic which you stored in the bottom of a little viewing device that opened up from about the size of a cassette box. How come this never caught on? Was I just imagining things? :rolleyes:

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
view_cds.jpg

I tried one of those micromaps once, borrowed it from a friend with the road atlas set. Nearly wiped out on the A66 while squinting through it. Wasn't overly impressed, bit footery and the view area is too small.

I've hardly bought a map since OS put the 1:25000 data online. Save out a bunch of tiles, piece them together in Autocad, print to A3 then stick them through the laminator at work.
http://getamap.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/getamap/

My work also runs a mapping system which has 1:50000 landranger data for the whole of Scotland and Cumbria. Rather useful piece of kit which can print to A0 on the plotter. :)

NickBristol

Forager
Feb 17, 2004
Bristol, UK
Ogri the trog said:
Sorry for the delay Andy,
There is only the "new" bombproof Fablon/plastic item that you have created and the waste paper that you've peeled off the back. I have some in a drawer that are (ahem) twenty ish years old :cool:

ATB

Ogri the trog

Just did a quick Google for Fablon (sticky back plastic for all the Blue Peter fans!). Comes in all sorts of colours and patterns nowadays. Not sure I fancy a lilac check OS map tho lol

http://www.focusdiy.co.uk/icat/c130311

Transparent is about 3/4 way down the page, 4m x 450mm for £6. Sure it can be had cheaper elsewhere tho? Great product image of a transparent sheet of plastic too...

Motorbike Man said:
I'm sure I recal seeing a little gadget that one awards a while ago, it had an entire OS map printed at incredibly high definition on a credit card sized piece of plastic which you stored in the bottom of a little viewing device that opened up from about the size of a cassette box. How come this never caught on? Was I just imagining things?
I think I know the map viewer you mean - is this it? http://www.minimap.co.uk

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
Oi! Craghoppers! Put a cargo pocket on the other leg of your otherwise excellent trousers.And sizes to fit monkey porters obviously.......

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE