Man exposing himself...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I'm disappointed at all the negative remarks concerning Bear Grylls putting his name on outdoor products, I believe that in the interests of complying with the terms of the Trades Descriptions Act, Mr. Grylls will be putting his name on an essential piece of outdoor gear which will truly reflect his contribution to bushcraft and survival techniques.

toilet-paper-roll.jpg

Mang

Settler
..........I believe the Scout Movement will regret associating itself with him and it's only a matter of time before we here of some kid coming to grief copying his "hero"....

I certainly would not employ him!

Smoggy.

Couldn't disagree more matey. Firstly, the Scout website and phone lines went into meltdown with enquiries about the Scout Association when he was announced. I was at his swearing in (an Explorer Camp) and I didn't see any youngsters not cheering or wanting to meet him. He also did a hush hush photo opportunity before he was announced and he did crate staking with a youngster and had all the appropriate safety gear on....As if the Scout Association would risk it's reputation by allowing anything other than total safety for the young people!

The Scout Association has just announced this competition
http://www.scouts.org.uk/survivalcamp/index.php?pageid=2600
Are you telling me that Scouts won't be excited by this?

Bear wasn't just approached for the position because of his outdoor image, his natural manner with people and his strong faith were also contributing factors too.

It's been mentioned before but what about Ray's shelter that he built in the Rockys(?) which involved probably 18 live trees being chopped down (for a TV show demo) and which he then left up!

Oh, and one other thing...Bear's not employed by the Scout Association he's an unpaid volunteer.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
I've absolutely no time for the idiot..........I believe the Scout Movement will regret associating itself with him and it's only a matter of time before we here of some kid coming to grief copying his "hero"....

I certainly would not employ him!

Smoggy.

We've had this discussion elsewhere, quite extensively...Doubtless the jury is still out...

alecf

Forager
Jun 7, 2009
Nr Reading
Personally I wonder if its the man we have a problem with, or his 'boss' who is only interested in making plenty of money from the TV program and merchandise.

Mang

Settler
Personally I wonder if its the man we have a problem with, or his 'boss' who is only interested in making plenty of money from the TV program and merchandise.

I asked a question of Bear in the Bushcraft and Survival Skills mag Q & A concerning him doing a northern hemisphere show of just outdoor skills (or something similar) and he said he'd love to but he's not the boss (or something similar). His outdoor skills book is often a surprise to some folk because it's not like the TV series.

slammer187

Nomad
Jul 11, 2009
Ireland
But I suppose the most important thing that we have to remember is that Bear doesn't make the choice on wether he jumps off a cliff or pees on his skis.....It's the director that gives the orders...

Dec 26, 2009
south wales
Couldn't disagree more matey. Firstly, the Scout website and phone lines went into meltdown with enquiries about the Scout Association when he was announced. I was at his swearing in (an Explorer Camp) and I didn't see any youngsters not cheering or wanting to meet him. He also did a hush hush photo opportunity before he was announced and he did crate staking with a youngster and had all the appropriate safety gear on....As if the Scout Association would risk it's reputation by allowing anything other than total safety for the young people!

The Scout Association has just announced this competition
http://www.scouts.org.uk/survivalcamp/index.php?pageid=2600
Are you telling me that Scouts won't be excited by this?

Bear wasn't just approached for the position because of his outdoor image, his natural manner with people and his strong faith were also contributing factors too.

It's been mentioned before but what about Ray's shelter that he built in the Rockys(?) which involved probably 18 live trees being chopped down (for a TV show demo) and which he then left up!

Oh, and one other thing...Bear's not employed by the Scout Association he's an unpaid volunteer.

The fact that the kids look up to him in such a way is not a good thing, even if it was good publicity for the scouts association, it does'nt matter how safe the kids are while at scouts , when they go home and see him on tv and think thats our role model, they'l copy what he does and its only a matter of time before it ends in tragedy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE