Shiny Cliff Woods: Part Deux

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
3 years ago, seven brave souls agreed to meet in a place called Shiny Cliff woods. When the snow fell on said woods, only five appeared and in the wind, rain and the snow, they battled through with goat meat, rice pudding and a silver birch dragged down a hill... it was more than an adventure.

2015 was a long, long time ago. Since then we've had multiple Star Wars films and a Deadpool film or two. Now, in 2018, how many of the original adventurers are willing to return to the woods that saw a man with a balaclava scare the living daylights out of everyone who saw him? How many of the original explorers of the woods want to see a man called Ged raise his head from the snow after spending a night beneath it? And how many of the gents who realised Shiny Cliff could be the day where they saw one of their own revealed by dog walkers whilst taking morning abolitions, over shadowed by a dog attempting to steal goat meat?

I suggest a 2018 meet at Shiny Cliff woods. Further more, I suggest we attempt to get the gang of 2015 back together, hopefully with some new additions. It'd be an interesting journey, and maybe this time we might get some pictures and possibly more snow.

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
I'm definitely up for this! I didn't realise it's already been 3 years since that weekend.

Good to see you back on here Dewi, how are tricks?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I know, 3 years!!!!! I was considering selling some kit when I came across a mystery bag, opened it, it was from that weekend! It had the stuff I'd packed for fire starting... must've have packed it away after the weekend and forgotten about it. Mind you, I drove 6 hours to pick up Mick on the first day, then 6 hours to drop off Mick on the second, so I reckon I can be forgiven for some poor packing choices when I got home.

I'm doing okay... still making stuff out of leather, mainly wallets nowadays. Booked on a few courses for the winter for basket making and another blacksmithing. Spending a lot less time on the internet... it has become a little toxic in the past year or so as it seems people no longer enjoy differing opinions, so I'd rather just be quiet and look on till things calm a little.

How is life on your vast country estate? Do you still have the same butler, or have you managed to find a more sociable replacement? ;)

Grotzilla

Nomad
May 5, 2014
United Kingdom
Not too good mate, split up with the Mrs at the beginning of this year. Had to leave the manor and crawl into something you commoners call a council estate

On a plus side I've had plenty of spare time for hiking and camping. Did a weeks camping in northern Norway above the Arctic Circle in February!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Blimey, not a good start to the year, but good to know you're on the positive side of things.

Well, it's been a week Grotty, so it looks like it might just be the pair of us... you still up for it, or given your penchant for the colder climes, maybe the Cairngorms might be more appropriate? I'm geared up for cold weather, still have all my gear from when I was supposed to be going to Sweden. Illness bumped me from that trip, but still have the urge.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE