Making your own REAL Jerven Bag...?

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi. I guess the cheap version would be a poncho with attached liner and the use of a AMK space blanket. As said earlier, this would probably be enough in UK temps and alot cheaper if it can be made to work.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I think this Norwegian Bushcrafter has bought some to make into a wilderness camp chair.

See the subtitles at 2:38 Says he bought the fabric from Jerven, and it has a reflective inner.

[video=youtube;ELpBp5YQK0M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELpBp5YQK0M[/video]

Blimey if thats the case its definatly a goer...

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
not breathable at all mate. 100% wind and watertight material

That's correct. Jerven make a point of it on the Website, and they talk about how it (and you:)) will smell like a wet goat if you don't take the trouble to keep it aired. I always unzip mine and hang it up to air after sleeping in it. It's very easy to do with a bit of cordage and as it can double as a tarp because it's waterproof it doesn't even matter if it's raining. With taking care to keep it aired I've never had any condensation or mustiness problems.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
That stuff would make great tarps. Especially with the reflective material bouncing the heat of a fire back at you. Might have to get some of that

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
No. Youve lost me there Mark? :)

170Kr is £17.34 for 100cmx150cm.

So 300cmx200cm is just £34.68

It does seem too good to be true. See what Jerven say. Is the reflective layer just mylar glued onto the fabric then?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
If its sold in meter lengths of 150cm wide. Then for 2 you would get 2 meters of 150cm wide :) It would still be 150 wide.

1m x 1.5m is 16.1 square feet.
2m x 3m is 64.5 square feet. :)

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Hi. So how would you do that? Space blanket and attached liner?

Not sure. Probably have to sew a strip of grosgrain or some such all round the edge to attach the zips to. Making a liner to fit is a POP - coupla polycotton sheets with some insulation quilted between. The space blanket I have is 7' x 5' so it might be a bit on the narrow sid with 11 but would be huge with 2.
We'll see...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE