Making moccasins (and going to the Moot)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Does anyone who is going to the moot know how to make moccasins (the two piece type with the Vamp and sole) I’ve a mans sheepskin leather jacket that I want to turn into a pair for a Friend. And don’t want to mess it up. Any hands on help and advice would be Greatly appreciated. Thank you

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I think several of us have made moccs. Although I don't think I've done the style you're refering to.
I also have a book of mocc styles which is interesting.
Happy to help if I can

Mark

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I think Eric Methven is doing a workshop on leathercraft at the moot and the making of mocs is something that has been mentioned.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have made a couple of pairs from the method here - I am sure the author and magazine both will be OK with me reproducing the image ...neither are of this world anymore!
moccs.jpg

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I think Eric Methven is doing a workshop on leathercraft at the moot and the making of mocs is something that has been mentioned.
If that is the case that is wonderful news, I've got size eleven feet and need to make it for size nine feet.
No idea where to start on converting measurments

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If that is the case that is wonderful news, I've got size eleven feet and need to make it for size nine feet.
No idea where to start on converting measurments
I am a standard size 9 - you can use my feet for the pattern if you like - I will be there making footwear with Eric at some point too :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE