Making a "SLING BOW"

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
It's not legal to shoot wild animals in the UK with a bow and arrow.
Same with the sling bow.
Interesting video mind you.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I tried it out when I first saw the vid.
It's not that bad, but the power isn't anywhere near the throw I get with my bow.
Accuracy is a bit questionable too.
I didn't think it was that practical.
And as was said, it's not legal anyway.

Laurentius

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
"you can buy these at walmart"

Not in the UK you can't there is a vast gulf between US and UK culture, but for all of it if I trangress the law over here at least they won't be locking me away for 60 years.

For the sociologist in me, there is a lot more going on in this video, why the hell is the arrow camouflaged? that is a semiotic not a functional statement.

palmnut

Forager
Aug 1, 2006
N51° W002°
"you can buy these at walmart"

Not in the UK you can't there is a vast gulf between US and UK culture, but for all of it if I trangress the law over here at least they won't be locking me away for 60 years.

For the sociologist in me, there is a lot more going on in this video, why the hell is the arrow camouflaged? that is a semiotic not a functional statement.

You should take a walk around a US hunting shop. The first time I did it it made my innocent Brit eyes pop out, I'll tell you - my initial reaction was to run :). Why would you want to buy a 0.5 inch longbore rifle that looks like it would give a tank a hard time? As for 9mm and .45 ammo simply on the shelves in Wal-Mart ... as you say, a vast gulf.

Cammo'd arrows are a pain in the ar5e - one simple miss and you're searching the undergrowth for hours!

Peter

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE