Making a pot cosy for the Snow Peak 900

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
In a previous post I reviewed the Bush Cooker and described how it fits neatly into the Snow Peak 900 titanium pot. One of the things I found with the Bush Cooker was that it was easy to burn your food instead of simmering it ... actually to be fair, that isn't a just a problem with the Bush Cooker. I've also done the same thing with the MSR Pocket Rocket and perhaps to a lesser extent with the Trangia. So when I saw the excellent idea of making a pot cosy on Backpackinglight.co.uk I was intrigued - could this really make such a big difference? Well after having made this today, I'll be trying it out and letting you know how it worked. It is really designed to improve the cooking of dehaydrated foods (and saving on fuel because of not needed to simmer the food), but I'll try it out with both deydrated and "wet food".I've written up a short tutorial on making a pot cosy for the Snow Peak 900, but it could just as easily be done for any other pot.

The write up is here - hope someone finds it useful!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE