Makers? - suggestions for 2nd cup for volcano stove

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I'm looking for a second metal up for my swiss volcano stove - I've calculated you could easily fit one inside the original without impeding the assembly. A beaker design would be ideal. Need to be able to cook in it but mostly drink from it.

Any ideas - anyone able to make this kind of thing?

Cheers

Mike

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If you have an old flask, the half litre size ones, the little inner cup that has no handles fits fine inside mine :D
It's insulated too so it not only keeps my tea warm but stops the metal cup burning my hand. Couldn't cook in it though.....well, beyond a cuppa soup or smash.

cheers,
Toddy

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Currently I have an Ikea plastic kids beaker doing the job... the anal retentive inside me wants a nice alu or stainless beaker I can cook in that looks the part and will shut up the crusader crowd. (for some irrational reason the Crusader cook set just doesn't appeal, whereas the swiss volcano stove I find very tactile and a nice object to own and use.)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
What about one of the tapered measuring beakers ? Ikea are sellimg them in stainless steel.
Or poundland sell a s.s. cocktail shaker that would fit and could be cut down to a cup.

M

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE