Makers mark practice plate

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Done these today to show what can be done on the items you guys make.
This is 01 tool steel hardened,just added a few to show what's possible all roughly 10mm high but could possibly go smaller.
I'm looking at becoming a maker plus if interest is shown with the graving .
All comments welcome,

null-7.jpg

All done total freehand so not totally perfect ,but as said this is only a practice plate to give ideas to you guys n gals

Last edited:

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
Very nice Trev, are the guys ok with you doing their marks?

I'll set you a challenge mate - I don't have a makers mark. I usually just stamp "A" onto my work for Andy. But I've often thought its about time I had something for Feather Forge.

Why don't you have a go at it mate.

Andy

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Very nice Trev, are the guys ok with you doing their marks?

I'll set you a challenge mate - I don't have a makers mark. I usually just stamp "A" onto my work for Andy. But I've often thought its about time I had something for Feather Forge.

Why don't you have a go at it mate.

Andy
Yes mate the guys posted up in my other thread.
Feather forge ha mmmmm I'll give it some thought and grave away mate.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
ooh yeah, would be lovely in brass. If i really feel the need for one I'll pay you to do it for me. Not yet though cos I'm skint :)
Send me a pic so I can see what detail is in the scroll is it Latin or something and I can see if anybody on here has some scraps of soft metal they would be willing to part with for practice never know I might get lucky

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
ha superb Trev! wasn't expecting to see my mark on there, nice work ;) keep at it i think you have found a wee niche there

Ha ha I remembered you had stamped my green crook knife pouch and wanted to see how it would look on steel came out better in the flesh pictures on steel are so hard to photograph.
Glad you like it though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE