A few new blades

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
I've been a bit quiet recently, life getting the way!

Anyway, a bit of stuff recently finished.

group1.jpg

group2.jpg

Top left is a hunter, 1095 with hamon (although my rubbish pictures don't show it too well) 120mm blade, 230mm overall. Comes with a deep vegtan sheath. Bronze pins to handle.

bokoak.jpg

bogoak_hamon.jpg

Next is a semi skinner in 15n20. Ramshorn scales, vegtan sheath. Blade is 110mm, 220mm overall.

skinner.jpg

Third one along is a trade knife. Oak scales and 15n20. The blade is just under 130mm, slightly under 240mm overall. Steel pins to handle.

trade.jpg

The fourth one is a bit of an oddity that I can only describe as a puukko on steroids! 01 blade, 155mm long, 270mm overall. The handle is oak cut the opposite way to the grain so it has the appearance of rings if you look at it from the correct angle. The other angle looks more of a mess, but it'll make somebody a good beater! The other bits are cowhorn and fibre spacers. More vegtan for the sheath.

oak.jpg

At the bottom is a broken back seax. 165mm blade with hamon, again 1095. I refer you to my earlier statement regarding the quality of the image capture and processing, m'lud! 290mm overall. The handle is textured yew with bronze pins. The sheath is supposed to look world weary, battle worn, very well used and repaired and generally knackered! Others might consider it a complete mess! More vegtan and a decent handful of copper rivets.

seax.jpg

seax_blade.jpg

Right, that's it! They'll all be up for sale shortly, so what's the thinking, guys? All comments, suggestions, pain free preferably, and opinions welcome!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I love 'em, your work always has a sort of friendly non-fussy workaday feel to it that appeals greatly.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
Great looking knives! That "puukko on steroids" is my favourite, a real no frills, elegant knife, that looks like a great workhorse.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE