Magnum Tac Spec Classic Boot Bargain.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jjessup

May 15, 2013
Essex
Hi everyone,

Saw some of the Magnum Tac Spec Classics in Go Outdoors a few weeks ago and liked the lighweight but tough feel of them. They were doing them for £99.99. After being sent one of their magazines in the post I noticed the price match promise stretched to online as well. A quick search found that Patrolstore were doing them for £75. After a ring to make sure I popped over to Go Outdoors, they accepted the price and beat it as promised so I got them for £67 and a bit.

Thought this might be useful for anyone thinking about a pair, as you get to try them on in store, but still get the benefit of a cheap price.

Tested them the next weekend in the woods, and can't say any more than I didn't notice I was wearing them. Never hot, cold, wet, heavy or uncomfortable, so v happy.

Hope it helps.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
When Magnum launched these they unreasonably set a retail price of £110. Stockists have to be within 15% of RRP and unsurprisingly not many sold. They have now "relaxed" the RRP to £75.

When Magnum (Hi-Tech) first launched they were the cheapest boots you could buy. Personally I think they've gotten a little ahead of themselves for a tall training shoe!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Sellers can sell at what they want, a company can say 'RRP £100' but if a trader buys them for a tenner and knocks them out at twenty there is nothing the company can do as far as I know.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Except remove them from their Authorised Retailer list and refuse to sell to them at trade prices. That is a pretty final affair for a retailer!

BTW, I can tell you now that the margin on Magnums is NOWHERE near 50%!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE