Magazine 4

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
Nobody else seems to have mentioned Issue 4 of the mag, which suprised me as in my opionion its the best one yet, particularly the "Campsite" and Firlelighting articles. :You_Rock_

I have been doing this for many years yet it still gave me new things to think about, I almost wanted to go out and camp in the garden tonight, but I don't do wet, cold and mud :(

I have to add that the cover gift is pretty damn good too. When my wife saw it this morning she commented that I was going to sit by the door until it was dark just to try it, ahh silly girl. :rolleyes:

I went up to the loft straight away. :lmao:

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
i subscribed the other day and payed by paypal, it hasent arrived yet but hopefully it will soon
leon

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Northwich, Cheshire
www.bushcraftdays.com
Got my copy today, just finished reading Richards article on Damp Leaves tinder. Very well written, both in a practical step by step way and also a clear scientific/theoretical way.

Will read on tomorrow.

Cheers to Tony and the team on another good issue.

moko

Forager
Apr 28, 2005
out there
Got mine today. Had a spin through and it looks great. Well done to all. Shame my freebe light doesnt work....any chance of a new one Tony?

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
I have just noticed that my subscription is up! Is that a year already? :eek:

Good grief, mind you its one of the best £15 I have spent during that time. :D well, apart from the antibiotics I needed because I gashed my leg falling over in the woods at night, that was quite painful. :(

D

Deleted member 4605

Received mine this morning. Yet another quality issue and the gift is just the icing on the cake!

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
Recieved mine over the weekend.

Another superb issue! Hats off to Tony and all the contributors, and also thanks for the gift. A really great surprise.

:You_Rock_

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
i must have a torch fetish i didnt reaslise i had, these lights are great ive been tryin to trash it all day and it just keeps working. i never would have bought one of these if id seen them for sale but now i got it i really like it.

so made by fauxton? couldnt find many shops selling them except lighthound.

where can these be bought?is it something BCUK could sell?i think i want several :eek:

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
lostplanet said:
i must have a torch fetish i didnt reaslise i had, these lights are great ive been tryin to trash it all day and it just keeps working. i never would have bought one of these if id seen them for sale but now i got it i really like it.

so made by fauxton? couldnt find many shops selling them except lighthound.

where can these be bought?is it something BCUK could sell?i think i want several :eek:

:lmao: ...no, no I was pulling yer leg. The originals are called Photon, but they are hellishly expensive for what they are. These are (I assume Asian) copies - they've become known as ...faux-tons ...and are pretty much just as good, but a LOT cheaper. ;)

try ebay. :)

Lighthound are excellent BTW - they ship to the UK fast, cheaply and easily. They are used widely by UK torch fetishists - highly recommended.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
LMAO, how stoopid am i! wondered why i couldnt find much thru google!!! see what ya mean, photons are ridiculous cost.

found some on evilBay but i would rather give my money to lighthound. cheers :)

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
lostplanet said:

Check this out, the red one has a battery life of 120 hours - that equates to 6 hours a night for 20 nights. Blimmin impressive. Even the white ones last for around 12 hours before they start to dim, then a good bit longer after that.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
My little Ionova LED torch has been on my Key ring for 6 years during which time it has only had one new battery, but I think it needs one now.

The only downside was that opeing it damaged the seal and the top doesn't fit properly anymore, so its not water proof and I have had to clean out the contacts a couple of times.

Now the BC one hangs on my key ring and the original one is in the ashtray of my car.

Great Sucess.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
lostplanet said:
LMAO, how stoopid am i! wondered why i couldnt find much thru google!!! see what ya mean, photons are ridiculous cost.

found some on evilBay but i would rather give my money to lighthound. cheers :)
Sorry but whats the problem with e-bay? :confused:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE