Mag-lite 3D cell flashligh (red) with upgraded Diamond 3W 100 lumen LED bulb

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Flannelfoot

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2012
South-west
Mag-lite 3D CELL in red, with aftermarket Diamond 3 Watt LED flashlight bulb replacement

I upgraded this flashlight with an LED bulb replacement as soon as I bought it. I wanted it to have a super long run-time for emergencies.

The aftermarket 3W Diamond LED has a very practical 100 (approx.) lumen output which lasts for (apparently) 2 weeks continuous use. The stock incandescent mag-lite bulb is about 60 lumens. Now, I'm not daft enough to leave a flashlight on for a fortnight but with 3 new d-cell batteries I can tell you this thing goes on and on and on. You can get much, much brighter aftermarket LED bulbs for the Mag-lite, but these drastically reduce the run-times which doesn't make for a capable home/vehicle emergency flashlight. I wanted longevity over insane brightness.

As you can see from the pics the condition is only gently used, with a few very light marks here and there. No big dents, scrapes or damage. The lens has some very gentle surface marks but serious scratches.

It has literally sat in a cupboard for its whole life - ready for any emergency situations. I've only ever used this inside the house during black outs etc. and it doesn't have any marks or wear and tear associated with outside, hard-use.

I had planned to get a Tungsten tipped glass-break end-cap, but never got around to it. With one installed this would make the ultimate **** home emergency flashlight when coupled with some rechargeable NiMH cells and a charger.

All threads are clean and smooth. O-rings are fully intact and undamaged. Please note this comes without batteries. It does include the as-new, unused spare incandescent bulb stored inside the tail cap.

Price is £20.00 delivered to your door (UK).

2d8q87n.jpg

2jaj13r.jpg

15chir5.jpg

33ndpcp.jpg

2ptb0on.jpg

3509my1.jpg

23itikw.jpg

dmdumx.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE