Made myself a hammock

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
As the title says Made myself a hammock.
I ordered 6 meters of rips top parachute material 52 inches wide.
Sewn together to make it double skinned with a gap left to slide a Thermarest in on cold nights, plenty of sewing on both ends to keep it strong, and 25mm nylon webbing for tree huggers.
This is my first go in it and it was comfortable so I'm pleased with it.
Picture is from Kepis's bimble thread, thanks mate.
Hope you like the small effort I did to make it.
hugointhechrysalis.jpg

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I was lucky enough to be able to try this in the week, it's incredibly comfy and really well made.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....it does indeed look rather zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzable.......as interceptor said a tutorial would be good....

gotta go....feelin drowsy lol.....nice job

a

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Hope it's good webbing mate. My 25mm gave out on me at the weekend, and that was before I started on the sausages. But then again I'm at least twice your weight.

he should be alright with this webbing, it's rated to two tons:)

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks guys, it was easy to make using a sewing machine.
No tutorial if afraid unless I make another one, plenty of them on the web if you search.
The good thing about making your own is if you want a long one like I did as I'm six feet tall, you can.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Thanks for the feedback guys.topknot mate, what other bits,are we talking about tarps, if so I made a 3X3 plus some out of canvas along with a ground sheet of the same, I usually use it as a descent basher at the Sussex meet, next meet I'm swinging.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Nice hammock, Hugo. How long is the completed piece? I'm having similar thoughts - the dogshelf seemed particularly lumpy at Brokkers this past weekend. At 6'6'' I think I'm going to need something a bit longer than average.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Hi Ian mate, Well I ordered 6 metres, and on one end I folded over 10 cm to make a sleeve for tree strap so 2 metre 90.
Other end was just stitched no need to turn as it's double skinned.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE