Made my own Billy Can

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Blackthorn

Feb 2, 2006
Ireland
Ive just made my own Billy Can.

I took inspiration from someone on this site who suggested getting a tea or coffee jar and using an old wire coat hanger for a handle. I did just that.

Cookies tin from TK Max £4.99.

Wire Clothes Hangar from my mums wardrobe £0.00

I just punched two holes in the tin and twisted the wire to the suited angle.

Already boiled up on it to test and it works great. I know it doesnt look very impressive but it will save me some money.

BillyCan.jpg
[/IMG]

Reactions: tomtom

Fallow Way

Nomad
Nov 28, 2003
Staffordshire, Cannock Chase
nice little billy can there.....if water gets hot in it, its a billy can, doesnt matter where the materials come from :)

as soon as it gets all nice and blackened up and the "cookies" gets covered no one will ever know :)

running bare

Banned
Sep 28, 2005
jarrow,tyne & wear uk
im guilty of that post . it cost me a quid but the cookie jar looks a bit bigger than my 1 ltr coffee tin but all the same ive had quite a few outings with my poundshop special and it does the job superb. if it works dont knock it thats what i say. why pay £20 when a fiver will do the job just as well!!!

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
good work mate, i have one similar which i have fitted a lid knob/handle to though i havent fitted a bail arm yet.. you have reminded me a need to do that!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Excellent stuff, all my main cooking pots are from TK Max, four sizes that all fit into each other. I wish I’d gone down the coat hangar route though, I braided welding rod and got some nice blisters!!

Have you put a nice knob on the lid? Little hole through, carve a wooden knob and screw it on.

PS, if you could reduce the size of the picture a bit it won't force the size of the page to be wide....Cheers...and it will be kinder to those on a dial up...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE