MADE IN VIETNAM

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
From time to time I noticed that textile good quality outdoor products often are made in Vietnam.

I recently went for dinner in a Vietnamese restaurant and asked the owner why that's the case and the answer did surprise me:

The Vietnamese textile industry was built up with help by the GDR.
Engineers and workers went to east Germany in order to learn how things were done there and worked here for years before they went home and started the own modern textile production.

One could say that you can get from Vietnam German quality. Robust polyester threads, modern fabrics, whatever.

Which good quality outdoor sport products from Vietnam do you own?

And which products are made there that you know about?

Last edited:

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
My ‘time’ there was on a patrol cutter during the mass exodus of boat people and a brief conversation with predatory Malay pirates.
I see more and more products from Vietnamof quality. Invariably, some patriot with bone Spurs makes a nasty comment usually to a 19 Y/0 clerk.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
You can get quality stuff made anywhere. It is just a question of how rigid the quality control is made.
Like; you can have the factory make something again and again until the quality is of desired level (and refuse to pay until it is).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE