Made a folding tripod

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Made a small folding tripod stool, I used some canvas to make a triangle with pockets on each corner. Then used 18" lengths of wood, tied together... Wanted something I could take along and cut a bit of wood to size if required.

stool1.jpg

stool2.jpg

stool3.jpg

It seems sturdy enough.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Neat :D

I literally came on line to ask about seating, particularly camp stuff that could me mostly made in situ, and you have neatly sorted it for me :D

atb,
M

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Is that ... rain? :yikes:

I remember rain ... vaguely.

I like the stool a lot, got one very similar made with a leather seat and a "tricorn" set up of 3 welded together 6mm bolts. Does the job but I find I want something I can lean my back against (besides a tree.)

As has been said, sure beats sitting on wet grass ... if only I had the choice. Phew it's bleedin' 'ot 'ere!

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Sound thinking!
Might be worth spending a few extra minutes rounding-off the tops of your sticks or they'll be thru' the canvas in no time.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
Thanks for the comments, and the point about the ends of the sticks... Time to get the knife out....

D

D3adkl0wn

i cant see your pics as i'm at work and in thie infinite wisdom, they have photo sharing sites blocked, BUT your thread reminded me of an instructible i saw once about a hiking staff that turns into a tripod stool.. (it seems that instructables.com is blocked too, but i assure you, search hiking staff stool and you should find it there somewhere)

EDIT: after returning home i checked out your pics, and its a very good idea, since you dont actually have to carry the sticks and can cut them in the field.. oh and HERE is the link for the hiking staff i mentioned before.

Last edited by a moderator:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE