Lurker turned Poster

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris-N

Nov 18, 2005
South West Australia
Hi, I've decided after lurking on-and-off for TWO years it's time for me to start posting. I'm 18 and really not that new to bushcraft. I've been playing with knives, wood, string, fire and tarps for as long as I can remember.
Anyway, Hello!

Chris

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Hello there Chris, I thought I lurked for a long time!
Hope you post some more and give us some tips from the antipodes, especially about swags, I just don't get them!

Chris-N

Nov 18, 2005
South West Australia
Goose, I don't get them either. They're too big and heavy for anything but car camping and it doesn't get cold enough to warrant them in most places. The niche they have in Australia seems to be that sort of age around 18 like me where most Aussie blokes go camping and get ******. Still, they are very nice if you're car camping near other people, but that just isn't my thing.

A REAL swag though is just blanket containing your kit, wrapped around by a groundsheet or canvas fly which is rolled tight and then slung over one shoulder.
This site's a good one for real swag info:
http://tions.net/CA256EA900408BD5/vwWWW/outdoor~03~092

Chris

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Looking at that link has made me think!
I carry most of my day kit in a waistbelt/bum bag, what I can't carry is basically my sleeping kit, but it would be easy to carry like that, with the added bonus I don't carry a bergen that always has a bit more space for something else I don't need!

Chris-N

Nov 18, 2005
South West Australia
Thanks guys.

Richard, are you the guy that did the wet tinder technique? If so :notworthy :You_Rock_

I've been using those principles for hand drill fires ever since even when things are bone dry its the BOMB!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE