lundhags boot sizing

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jerryo

Feb 20, 2007
hampshire
Hi there, i was hoping i might get a little advice on which size lundhag boot to go for.

I am usually around a size 10 - my actual foot length is 295mm at the longest point.

What i was wondering was how the lundhags size up? seems to be mixed reports online and no sizing details on the lundhags website. The model i'm after is the ranger high and i'm also thinking about accommodating the full felt liner.

Any advice greatfully received!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'v got the Ranger Highs jerryo and I ended up going for my normal size 9. I tend to wear them with the Ullfrotte 400 or 600g socks so there is a little bit of give. I've not tried the felt liners myself, I use the Beta Fit insoles and a set of Scholl gel heels as I suffer from a sore heel after a few days tramping.

Superb boots, good choice

Last edited:

jerryo

Feb 20, 2007
hampshire
Hi Shewie, thanks for that. so normal sizing should give enough room for two thick pairs of socks and i guess the answer is to size up for use with the felt liner

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Sorry jerry, I just realised my post sounded like I wore the two pairs of socks at the same time. that's not the case. I'd say they were maybe a half size larger but not much more.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
My experience is that you'll need to be generous with the size. First of all take into account lhat you'll be wearing more socks than normal plus the need for the felt insole. Next to that the lundi's have a tendency to shrink a bit after a while (use them often and this effect wille be minimal). Bottom line: I'm a 45.5 and I wear 47.

Be careful: Lundhags has two lasts: normal and OPTI. The OPTI is larger and the normal is smallish (I have the professional and that is a normal last).

Pretty confusing, huh?

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I bought a second hand pair recently, I took a punt on them as they were a full size bigger than I usually take (I'm a size 10 and these were 11's), but were in excellent condition and cheap as chips.

lundhags001.jpg

When they arrived, they were a perfect fit - I bought a shaped orthotic insole and extra thick mountain socks cos I thought they would be a bit roomy, but they are a little too tight with those. Normal hiking socks and regular felt insole are perfect. I'd go for a full size larger than your usual boot size - at least.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE