Lundhags and hot feet

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've just been chatting to Sally at Tamarack about various boots I'm intrested in with a view to trying a few pairs on tomorrow. Something she mentioned about Lundhags which I'd not really thought about before is the rubber uppers and leather inners maybe causing a problem for someone with hot feet.
I've always had goretex lined boots, mainly Lowas, and haven't really had this problem before but it's got me thinking now. If I'm shelling out that kind of money I want them to be right for me from the off. I've made my mind up on a higher boot this time so Lundhags are obvioulsy one not to overlook.

So for those of you who wear them, would you/ do you just wear them in colder weather or can they be worn all year round ?

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
I have an old pair of scouts , and as a 'hot footed dude' I have had no more problems than with gortex in summer ( in fact,less, as gortex boots take FOREVER to dry and make my feet damper in summer if trecking for long.)
Top boots,tough as ,well,old boots realy!!
Cheers.
Chris.

M

Maverick47

I have an old pair as well, I don't wear them during the summer months for the reason that you've suggested, I'm not keen on goretex when its too warm either.

I tend to wear desert boots through the summer with a pair of sealskinz in my pack just incase.

Alt-berg use sympatex in their boots, have you looked at them?

Glosfisher

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2007
Cotswolds
I have an old pair as well, I don't wear them during the summer months for the reason that you've suggested, I'm not keen on goretex when its too warm either.

I tend to wear desert boots through the summer with a pair of sealskinz in my pack just incase.

Alt-berg use sympatex in their boots, have you looked at them?

I find my Sympatex lined Altberg Norway boots way too hot for summer.

Increasingly I'm of the opinion that waterproof membranes in boots are a pain in amy season.

I'm off to Ecuador next summer and need a pair of boots. I'd like Altberg to do me a non Sympatex high boot in waterproof leather suitable for both mountains and jungle.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
I've got them (trekker & pro's) and have hot feet. With a good set of thin & thick wool socks I didn't experience problems up to 25 C. Never had them on when hotter. Goretex is hotter in my experience and the usual lining/stuffing takes ages to dry.

If hot you can put them in a stream without any problem!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I've had a pair of Lundhags for years and worn them in all seasons. They are superb. I've never suffered from unduly hot feet wearing them, they're wonderfully light and, as others have said, dry out so much more quickly than Goretex-lined or 'ordinary' walking boots. Top stuff!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE