Lucky Number 13 (with thanks to Cosco from BB)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ilovemybed

Settler
Jul 18, 2005
Prague
Hi all,
Well, I had my first experience of putting a knife together yesterday. I bought one of Mr Barker's fine Nessie blades recently and it needed something nice to do the blade justice.

Having just moved to Prague, I decided to call on Cosco from British Blades for some advice. He was so very generous with his time, patience and materials. We put this together in one afternoon (I must admit Cosco did the majority of the work here. I was definitely the impressed onlooker for most of it)
He even laid on a fine spread of some home smoked pork and beer. He is true gent. I can't thank him enough!

So anyway, here's the result:
The handle is King wood, I think. We thought it was cocobolo to start with, until the sanding started. Plain brass pins and black fibre liners.

board.jpg

hanlde.jpg

reflection.jpg

Yes, the pins are so highly polished that's me you can see peering into one of them...

two.jpg

The other knife in this pic is one of Chris Claycomb's, with a very clever hidden tang. The poor thing has had a lot of abuse but stood up to everything I've thrown at it. The sheath is Birch bark - a temporary one I knocked together a couple of years ago in Norway that seems to have been more permanent than I intended...

whole.jpg

The project isn't finished yet. Some minor cleaning up of the epoxy on the blade and of course a sheath. I just couldn't wait to show the knife and embarrass the modest Cosco just a little :)

Thanks for looking

Neil

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE