Lucky escape!

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
From my parents' local paper!

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_home/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=361906

A nine year-old boy is lucky to be alive after coming face-to-face with an escaped cheetah in his back garden.

Terrified Toby Taylor was playing on his bike when he spotted the 6ft-long beast - the fastest animal on earth capable of hitting speeds of 70mph - standing just 15ft away.

HUN0518152.jpg

He dropped his bike and fled to the safety of his house just seconds before the big cat pounced on the machine and ripped the seat and tyres to shreds.

HUN0518157.jpg

http://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/cn_news_home/DisplayArticle.asp?ID=361906

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Surely he would have stood a better chance on the bike then his own two legs! 70mph though, probably not much of a chance!

I fear the ripped seat and tyres were probably not created by the cheetah, which goes some way to show how much I trust newspapers!

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Surely he would have stood a better chance on the bike then his own two legs! 70mph though, probably not much of a chance!

I fear the ripped seat and tyres were probably not created by the cheetah, which goes some way to show how much I trust newspapers!

Spamel, are you saying the newspaper reporters a .cheater??:lmao:

OurJud

Forager
Oct 31, 2008
Manchester
I was reading an article in this month's Fortean Times about big cat attacks on humans. The piece detailed about six different cases - and every single one of the victims was riding a bicycle at the time. And here we have another. The article, oddly enough, didn't pick up on this, but what is it with big cats and bicycles?

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Very luck Lad regardless of who trashed his bike.

After seeing a captive leopard eyeing up our dog through two fences when we walk in the car park at Frigby Hall nr Norwich this summer, they may be use to people but other prey who knows?

Anyone lost a dog round there?

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE