Luccombe Cave Carvings

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Not exactly bushcraft but interesting non the less. I gathered up three of my boys and went exploring for Luccombe Cave Carvings. Had to judge the tides right and had a challenging route in (for the kids) . We saw a peregrine falcon on the cliff top and although the caves had mostly been carved by pilled up ravers in the 90's there was still some good work there.
I will be heading back to do a cave camp there as it would look great lit by flame.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
What are you walking on? Any evidence under your feet of maybe paleo occupation?
I've never been in a cave that I can recall. Pit houses, concrete bunkers, yes but not a cave.
Very appealing camp site, too.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Thanks for that; great record. Unfortunately it brings back memories of when my springer could run along beaches and swim in the sea and rock pools before she went blind :( - only last summer!

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Imagine the paleo times when Doggerland was dry. The west coast of BC was 100+M lower than it is now.
Our First Nations (Heiltsuk) have 100% accurate oral histories that are confirmed village sites of 14,500 years ago.

Your cave must have been a magnificent home above high tide.

Reactions: Darryl of Sussex

nobby8126

Nomad
Oct 16, 2010
Isle of Wight
Imagine the paleo times when Doggerland was dry. The west coast of BC was 100+M lower than it is now.
Our First Nations (Heiltsuk) have 100% accurate oral histories that are confirmed village sites of 14,500 years ago.

Your cave must have been a magnificent home above high tide.
Good chance I suppose, tried to do some digging online last night but couldn't find anything

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE