LT Wright JESSMUK - any info?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Hello all,

I've been looking at knives from the other side of the pond (and this) that depart from the "standard bushcraft" style: the woodlore and similar.

One that has had many good reviews is the relatively new LT Wright Jessmuk - there are lots of YouTube reviews to view, some of which are better than the standard hammering-the-knife-type of review as they look at the knife in different uses and make some interesting comments. If you google the name, the reviews will flood your screen.

Now the cost of getting one into the UK would be enormous, so I'm hoping that some of the folk on here can offer a UK perspective on the knife before I start the long process of saving up for one.

I'm not so sure about the sheath - I'd probably make my own.

Any comments appreciated.

All the best,
Rob

Link to knife on LT Wright site: https://www.ltwrightknives.com/jessmuk.html

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Not trying to put you off buying something a little different but given you recognise the added cost of importing you may wish to consider commissioning your own take on a nessmuk variant as there are a good number of top UK makers who would be most happy to make such a knife for you.

Cheers

K

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Adventure Sworn have one called the Guide in a Nessmuk style. Very nice but back to shipping and import duties.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Adventure Sworn have one called the Guide in a Nessmuk style. Very nice but back to shipping and import duties.

It's the £/$ rates at the moment that have effectively stopped me buying from the US.

Duncan (FGYT) of this parish has a company called Dorset Woodland Blades, he makes some lovely Nessy style knives.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
It's interesting seeing another bushie knife with a fully curved edge - only seem to recall seeing one other an. That was recently but can't remember who made it.

I would be interested to try one and see if it actually offers any benefit or if it's a bit of emperor s new clothes, or even a hindrance.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
usually like their knives but this one looks like a gimmick - I'm still not convinces a scandi nessmuck is much use - needs to be a bigger blade for that grind

the original nessmuk was a lot thinner

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Not trying to put you off buying something a little different but given you recognise the added cost of importing you may wish to consider commissioning your own take on a nessmuk variant as there are a good number of top UK makers who would be most happy to make such a knife for you.

Cheers

K

Thanks. That wasn't the first thing I've thought of, but the exchange rate, etc is moving me in that direction.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
I agree with both of the posts above .
The condor is a good quality blade for a fraction of the price , and if you bought the blank, it would mean you'd get all the fun of putting the handles on one too...
��

But saying that, I really like the Gary wines one ...

https://www.ltwrightknives.com/gary-wines-knives.html

Sorry , my post is not very helpful..

Thanks for the link, but I'm looking for a different blade shape as I have a perfectly good "standard" blade.

I'm interested in the idea of a blank for the Condor Nessmuk - where would if find one?

All input appreciated - I am open to suggestions even if I end up not taking them.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Personally I'd rather the Condor.

Thanks for that, Rob. Are you a supporter of their metals? I had the original Woodlore clone (Bushlore?) and ended up taking an angle grinder to it to sort out the blade - was never very happy with it, unlike my Bushtool - still my favourite.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
It's the £/$ rates at the moment that have effectively stopped me buying from the US.

Duncan (FGYT) of this parish has a company called Dorset Woodland Blades, he makes some lovely Nessy style knives.

Ok, I'll have a look there. Thanks for the tip.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
It's interesting seeing another bushie knife with a fully curved edge - only seem to recall seeing one other an. That was recently but can't remember who made it.

I would be interested to try one and see if it actually offers any benefit or if it's a bit of emperor s new clothes, or even a hindrance.

I share your interest. If it was easier to come by, I'd probably go to the bank of ebay and get one out of interest. As it is, the price is a big problem for me. Thanks for the comment.

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
usually like their knives but this one looks like a gimmick - I'm still not convinces a scandi nessmuck is much use - needs to be a bigger blade for that grind

the original nessmuk was a lot thinner

Ok, I'll look into that too. The Jessmuk is 3mm (1/8") so thinner than many.

Leshy

Jun 14, 2016
Wiltshire
Not sure if you will find what you're looking for there, but knife bargains is having a closedown sale...

http://knifebargains.co.uk/index.html

I've always had excellent service from them , but unfortunately, due to the owners wife dying recently , he's closing the business down.

Some great bargains there right now, I'm trying my hardest to not spend all my wages on some of those items ....
It's closing down in 2 weeks time.

Worth a look in my opinion

👍

No affiliation just a happy customer

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE