Loupe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saddle_tramp

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 13, 2008
West Cornwall
anyone in cornwall after one, they sell em in southwest optics, Truro

I got a little 6x opticron one, had it for years, useful little thing

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have one of these, it sits in one of my etuis :) I never thought of using it like a loupe for anything but textiles and lace :eek:

cheers,
Toddy

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I always carry a loupe when out in the hills and use it instead of the magnifying bit on my compass base-plate. it gives greater magnification over a greater area and is really useful for micro-navigation. In fact, until you look at a 1:25000 map through one of these you don't realise how much information is there! I hadn't thought of using it to look at plants but will do so from now on. I got mine free on the front cover of Amateur Photographer many, many years ago...

Gailainne

Life Member
I have something similar, not a loupe, more like the one Hoodoo has.

Its 2 magnifying glasses tho, so you have the option to look thru one or the other or both depending what magnification you require, I originally bought it as a means of fire starting, but its quite a useful little thing.

Stephen

Edit I was always under the impression a loupe was something you put in your eye, as in a jewellers loupe, seems I was wrong.

pwb

I occasionally carry an old folding magnifying lens but don't underestimate the good old Swiss Army Knife lens, It's pretty handy.

DSC01676Small.jpg

Pete.

W

w_48dudezippy

I would like to post a picture of my very old triple lense loupe so that I can get some feed back on it.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Good plan.
I have both a Ruper and one of the types recommended by BBC Wildlife's testing. The optical quality is about the same, but the Ruper has more substantial mechanical construction.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I have several ranging from the fixed 10x to a doubler that has a 3x and 5x which go over each other to make an 8x.

Also an 8x on one end and 15x at the other.

However, I much prefer the Essenbachs I had made into the modded mags by Gill,much easier on the eye (strain wise).

The larger mags i've mostly used on non natural items e.g. coins,medals , jewellery and the like in the auction rooms.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE