Lost Treasure

Woodcutter

Feb 6, 2006
Kent
Whilst sorting out my garage/workbench at the weekend I came across this little beauty I started but didn't finish. I had forgotten all about it.

Not sure where the blade came from, I am sure I bought it off someone on BB though, it was a different shape when I first got it, slightly upswept but I didn't like it so changed it to this shape.

The scales are buffalo horn over thick red liners, pins are not mine but I am sure someone will admit to making them (I hope so, I want some more?) its 175mm overall, blade 75mm, the buffalo horn isn't pure black so you can see some white flashes in there.

All it needs now is some leather, not sure whether to do that myself or get one of you guys that know what you are doing to clothe it for me. Anyhow, here are some pics. Hope you like it, its been a while since I posted something I have made.

PS. quite pleased with the pics too, taken with a nifty fifty on my EOS 500D.

IMG_5326.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_5327.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_5331.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_5328.jpg
[/IMG]

IMG_5334.jpg
[/IMG]

Peanut

Tenderfoot
Jul 21, 2011
Essex
I really like the red/black contrast. Kind of adds a certain something to the whole thing.

Nice one!

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Nice knife!
I like the texturing on the blade.
Personally, given the modern look of the knife, I would go for another material for a sheath. I don´t think leather will match with the look of the knife.
Is it possible to sand and polish something like kydex?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE