Lost my job

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ZEbbEDY

Nomad
Feb 9, 2011
Highlands
dont fancy 7 months on jobseekers these days with the sanctions etc, doesnt matter to them if youve paid in all your life

also takes a whole month for first payment on universal credit

good luck

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Well I've lost my job today. Quite upset but on the flip side they're giving me a 3 month paycheck as a settlement. Going to sort out the job seekers by phoning them tomorrow.

Fun times. Just as I thought I was settled in a job as well.

Welcome to freedom, now sit back and have a look at the bars brother.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Not sure if it's the same down south, but if you are thinking about going self employed or setting up your own business, you can get support from Jobseekers called the Nw Enterprise Allowance. They give you a weekly allowance for 6 months to help your business get up and running, and you get access to a business adviser for free for a whole year.

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
I thought about going self employed but the problem is people in IT are all too common...and the fact the DVLA revoked my drivers licence makes getting to clients difficult.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I went self employed five years ago after applying for numerous jobs to be told on theo ne interview I got " well nobody employs single parents". I get working tax credit. This is acts like a help up, however if you are in universal credit area there is much higher risk to going self employed. Although there is more help now than there was anyone who wishes to go down the self employed route really needs to check what safety net universal credit will provide as it may leave you at risk of destitution in as little as six months. The rules dont appear to be evenly applied in differnt areas either.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE