lost in the wilderness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
Good glad you got it mate.

:lmao: But I think you should re-imburse all of us that where coming down to look for it as we're all out of pocket for petrol and we didn't even get a new shiny :lmao:

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
I used to be a very active scubadiver and every now and then you would find that you could not find :rolleyes: some piece of kit. We would say that the sea takes whatever it wants in return for showing us its secrets. Sometimes it just borrows it and sometimes it keeps it and if you make a fuss about it the sea may be offended and take something you value alot more.
I´m not superstitious but it kept me from being grumpy about loosing stuff.

mayobushcraft

Mar 22, 2007
Yeovil somerset
Had planed for several weeks to do a camping trip from my kayak on the intercostal waterway in Central Florida.I was camping on a little island in the middle of mosquito lagoon. Had been there there four days. Had a great time I was on the water when a storm came through so I put my GPS in a plastic bag with some venison jerky i had made. I went back to camp in the dark and forgot to remove the bag from from the kayak, went to sleep when i got up packed every thing kayaked back to my pickup truck and went home about forty miles. I unloaded everything and noticed that my GPS was missing. Remember forty miles by road and two on the water. I went back the next weekend with little hope of finding it. Started looking around and after while I found the plastic bag torn open without the jerky or the GPS and then about five feet away there it was with a scratches and teeth marks but still working, Goes to show never give up.

Glad you found it.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Really pleased that you found your hatchet, I bet it was a happy reunion!

Its already been mentioned that Rancid Badger's system looks pretty good, and having just gotten one of RB's creations, I'd advise that you do the same, because the photo's don't do justice to just how good his leathercraft is.

Your hatchet will be happy too! (o:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE