LORDS WOOD *New venue*

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Like Minded People :)

Love this bit
"
Risks

there is no insurance cover of any description covering the attendees of Lords Wood meets, any incidents arising will be entirely at your own risk.
"

Self accountability, something that seems to be lacking these days :)

Hope you all have a goodun, would love to make it one day.

Reactions: woodspirits
Aug 8, 2020
Cambridge
Everyone is welcome and all the regulars are very friendly, I was new myself a year or so back. You won't need an "ok" to come so long as the usual rules are followed. There are a couple of us not too far from you, I am in Wellingborough.

Awesome! That won't be a problem. In that case I look forward to seeing you all there. I'm good for my own travel arrangements but if anyone in my vicinity needs a pickup from somewhere then I'm happy to oblige. Also, I have no problem with self-accountability whatsoever. Big fan of self-accountability right here. =0)

Aug 8, 2020
Cambridge
I agree with every thing Mike has said, but I hope that doesn’t stop you from cooking the Beef Stew..

No worries. Beef stew, it is. I'm a dab hand in the kitchen, and a dab hand in the woodland, but I haven't used a Dutch oven before. Pretty sure I can marry the two though. As long as we're allowed a small fire and can maintain a bed of coals for a sufficient time, I'm confident I can knock up a beef stew while we're there, no problem. Failing that, I can always make a nice 'stone soup'. If everyone else cares to bring the veg, herbs and other ingredients, then I'll bring the stone. =0)

woodspirits

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Hi, folks. I'm a fairly experienced outdoorsman, and I'm new to the forum. I've been looking for LMP and an appropriate place to train for the longest time, and I'd very much like to come along to this month's meet if I may, please, to meet some of you, and spend some time in nature. Would that be ok? I'm happy to ferry passengers on my way to and fro if it helps (coming from Bedford/Royston area). I've copied and pasted as requested, to show my participation and understanding of the rules. If you could get back to me, please, I'd appreciate it. Cheers, ta. Matthew. =0)

1. Woodspirits 28~30
2. Preper days tbc
3. Diamond Dave 28 - 30
4. Rumpole Stitskin 28 - 30
5. Ollie G 28-30
6. MikeeMiracle 29-30
7. TinkyPete 28-30 tbc due to work and family
8. Pieinthesky + Hannah and possibly Mrs Pieinthesky. 28-30
9. SonOfAndrew 28-29
[/QUOTE

Welcome aboard Mathew look forward to meeting you. :)

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Please copy and paste this to indicate you have read and understand the above guidelines.

1. Woodspirits 28~30
2. Preper days tbc
3. Diamond Dave 28 - 30
5. Ollie G 28-30
6. MikeeMiracle 29-30
9. SonOfAndrew 28-29

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020
Cambridge
Please copy and paste this to indicate you have read and understand the above guidelines.

1. Woodspirits 28~30
2. Preper days tbc
3. Diamond Dave 28 - 30
5. Ollie G 28-30
6. MikeeMiracle 29-30
9. SonOfAndrew 28-29

Hi, Steve
If that message is for me, then I've already done so. Just went back and re-read them as a reminder. Just to clarify, is there any communal fire at all or is it only hobo stoves and the like? Just wondering about the practicalities of cooking in the Dutch oven. Will we be able to maintain a small fire with a bed of coals? I'll be bringing some wood for the purpose of course, if that's possible.

Cheers, Matt

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Hi Matt no that was a general reminder for everyone, sometimes it is not copied over with the list, so the next person to add their name isn’t seen to have read and agreed to the guidelines

As for fires, again it is covered in the opening post. There is always a communal fire available for heat and cooking. I doubt a small personal twig type fire would be sufficient for a dutch oven. ;)
there will be plenty of windblown or dead standing wood to be gathered for a small ground protected fire.

Last edited:
Aug 8, 2020
Cambridge
Hi Matt no that was a general reminder for everyone, sometimes it is not copied over with the list, so the next person to add their name isn’t seen to have read and agreed to the guidelines

As for fires, again it is covered in the opening post. There is always a communal fire available for heat and cooking. I doubt a small personal twig type fire would be sufficient for a dutch oven. ;)
there will be plenty of windblown or dead standing wood to be gathered for a small ground protected fire.

Silly me, of course it was. Awesome. Just double-checking. Cheers. =0)

Last edited:

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

1. Woodspirits 27~30
2. Preper days tbc
3. Diamond Dave 28 - 30
5. Ollie G 28-30
6. MikeeMiracle 29-30
9. SonOfAndrew 28-29
10. Hodge 28-30

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
With this being my first weekend at Lord's Wood, is there a general format for the weekend and are there any faux pas I should avoid?

hi Oliver no format, we run a very relaxed meet. If there is anything specific you want to do ask away. As it is the first meet, we will be establishing camp and processing firewood etc. As for do’s and dont’s, its pretty much covered in the OP but if your not sure just ask. :)

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

1. Woodspirits 27~30
2. Preper days tbc
3. Diamond Dave 28 - 30
5. Ollie G 28-30
6. MikeeMiracle 29-30
9. SonOfAndrew 28-29
10. Hodge 28-30

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com
Getting close! Just to remind you this meet we will be establishing the temporary communal camp area, we will use this while we make inroads into the main woodland where we can prepare a more permanent base.

So, bring along your cutting tools and not forgetting we will of course have our usual car boot. Dig out your surplus gear! :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE