Loose fitting sheath help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 22, 2006
North Wales
One of my knives has a rather loose fitting sheath, ive seen people sticking another piece of leather inside to fit it better, but can you re-wet form it?? and if so how would i go about doing it?

I think there are a few of options available to you here. I've only recently started mucking about with leather and I've not yet acquired the skills of ST :rolleyes: but it seems to me you could do one of the following depending on where the stretch is it doesn't sound too hard to do...

You could glue in a packing piece of leather inside the sheath with contact adhesive to create a better friction grip on the handle or blade

Or you could possibly cut the stitching out and restitch it tighter and try re wet forming it.

Or you could sew on a leather strap and use press studs to hold the knife in place again depending on the design of the knife/sheath.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE