looking to buy a knife from unitedcutleryuk.co.uk is it reliable?

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
I cant see these for sale in the UK, you would be paying quite a bit for shipping from the US (for a $35 knife anyway)

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
While I'm perfectly happy carrying a locking blade or a longish fixed blade around (including a sickle), I would not want to be stopped while carrying a Honshu Karambit. Can't imagine that thing not resulting in being charged (and probably found guilty).

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
That site is going to get itself and anyone daft enough to buy from them into a lot of trouble - on the Honshu page they are advertising items that it is illegal to import into or sell in the UK, namely push daggers. Have'nt had time to look through the rest of it but that's not a good start!

Last edited:

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Dodgy post, illegal knives from a site that almost only stocks weapons, (yeah, I know a screwdriver can be a weapon). There can be no good reason to own a Karambit, it is purely a weapon, and nothing to do with wood working/bushcrafting. If the o/p wants one, let him find it himself.

can-of-worms.jpg

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
*some* Karambits can be general purpose tools, but they don't look like that mall ninja crap. More like a pruning knife with a point.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
So, do I remove the thread or leave it here as bad advertising ?

M

Personally, I hate to think what materials he wants to test the Karambit on. (check his outdoor activity). But then to remove the thread, smacks of censorship. I would let it run it's course, and hopefully end soon.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Leave it to run its course.

There's no fighting, flaming or attempts to cause irk(s) ~ and anyone searching on either unitedcutleryknives or bronzemoonoutdoors might gain valuable insights ;)

Caerleon

Feb 9, 2015
West Mid's
I bought a standard folding knife from Bronzemoon around Oct last year. After 2 months of emails/calls all of which were not answered (I actually treated it like a hobby to be honest), they failed to deliver so I wrote a formal letter (you can download the template from the gov.uk site) to their head office (which had the wrong address on their website by the way) citing a CCJ if they didn't return my money. I involved the bank (its was only circa £40 but it was more the principal). The bank reimbursed me and presume they followed up with BronzeMoon. Either way I got my money back and wouldn't touch this company again with a bargepole.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
There are some seriously tacky bladed items for sale on that website, about the only UK legal things they sell are paracord bracelets, friggin ninja stars and elfen daggers and worse, not a bushcraft worthy blade on the whole site i was amazed i never found a sharpened Klingon Bat'leth or Kut'luch

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
Don't be to hard. Many of us wanted/bought strange/not so useful blades when we were young, but ended up as normal men and women after all.

[video=youtube;IAqLKlxY3Eo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAqLKlxY3Eo[/video]

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I never bought a Rambo knife ever but if i'd had the cash when i was 12 i probably would have, the only knife of shame i have ever bought was a 17 inch bowie knife twenty+ years ago inspired by the movie Crocodile Dundee that still hasn't been used, i shared the shame of this a couple of weeks back in a thread on bcuk.

12 year old me would have probably had a few ninja stars too given half a chance, thank god i only got 50p pocket money each week and my paper round only paid £3.50 a week and most of that went on smokes and cider

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I was watching this thread as I womdered if it was an advert.
Any research I've done into Bronzemoon in the past has only turned up negative comments and tales of malpractice and litigation. I say leave it as a warning to others and hopefully a positive learning curve for the OP.
If you read back the literature of when Bushcraft was still cried Survivalism in the UK the magazines were flooded with what can only be described as cheap nasty "weapons". But like the folk involved the practice of living outdoors has grown up.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Don't be to hard. Many of us wanted/bought strange/not so useful blades when we were young, but ended up as normal men and women after all.

[video=youtube;IAqLKlxY3Eo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAqLKlxY3Eo[/video]

I was watching this thread as I womdered if it was an advert.
Any research I've done into Bronzemoon in the past has only turned up negative comments and tales of malpractice and litigation. I say leave it as a warning to others and hopefully a positive learning curve for the OP.
If you read back the literature of when Bushcraft was still cried Survivalism in the UK the magazines were flooded with what can only be described as cheap nasty "weapons". But like the folk involved the practice of living outdoors has grown up.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Absolutely spot on chaps

Anyone remember knife reviews in "combat & survival" where the chap might say things like, he dislikes a saw back knife because of the possibility of it getting snagged when withdrawing from a stab into someones chest (if one day he was forced to use it as a weapon)

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

mrcharly

Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Similar knives to Kerambit but not mall ninja tat

Opinel Pruning Knife
No%2010%20Pruning%20Knife.jpg

Whitby Pruner
(image from Bronzemoon!)
ck2416.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE